October 2, 2014

Hello, It's October

Image: http://www.wallpapersandimages.com/

(I am fully aware that October began yesterday; I do have a calendar hee hee.)

I like October for three reasons: the beginning of the cooler weather (which, I notice, begins near the end of September), the Trick-or-treating (if only because of the costumes and the chocolates), and the countdown to Christmas. Yay!

I didn't enjoy September much. I read some people say that some particular months were not "kind" to them as though months had some control on us, and I do not subscribe to such thought. In my case, September was a trying month mainly because I had a weak prayer life, which affected my faith. I'm glad I learned my lesson right away.

This month, I want to start (or regain) a better lifestyle and outlook by doing the following things:

1. Read the Bible and pray more sincerely.

Because I learned that my prayer life makes such a great impact on my life in general. I still read the Bible but lately, I've been scheming through the chapters because I only feel obliged to read them. It was a far cry from my Bible sessions earlier this year when I found myself reading more resources to learn more about what I just read.

As for my prayers, I'm not proud to say that I couldn't count the number of nights I slept without uttering a prayer. And when I did, most were not heartfelt. As a result, I found it easier to sin. *shudders*

2. Think before I speak.

I noticed that I've found out easier to speak mean and hurtful words against other people. The funny thing is that I was fully aware that I was doing something wrong, but I enjoyed being rude.

Also, I need to control my temper. This has been one of my oldest problems ever since, but because my prayer life weakened, I also got more easily offended and find it easier react with anger.

3. Remember the worthwhile projects I had once been busy with.

I don't know if you noticed it, but my interest in many topics I usually talked about waned. This is because I spend a lot of time at work and feel that I no longer have the time to address my other interests.

For example, it's been a while since I compared homeschool curricula. I've been talking about prepping for homeschooling and suddenly I stopped. It's also been a while since I cooked something for Yuri. I even tweeted recently that I feel guilty for not reading books to Yuri anymore.

4. Be more vigilant in discerning what I expose Yuri to.

I first realized this when I heard my younger sister cuss and say, "t*ng in." Clearly, something was wrong. Very wrong. Seeing that my sister is screen-obsessed, I resolve to limit Yuri's screen time even further and always check what he watches and  hears. Of course, there are bad influences outside the screen, too, so I also need to be careful with those.

5. Embark on the journey to fitness.

Once again. My first attempt happened at the beginning of the year when I ate healthy and exercised every single night. But I stopped when the rotational brownouts started. Eventually, school started and I didn't feel like dieting anymore. While we replaced almost all our food at home with cleaner alternatives and removed meat altogether from our diets, I still ate a lot of sweets and desserts. Also, I barely worked out anymore. Inevitably, I started to put on weight again.

I don't want to get fat again, that's for sure, since I want to be healthy for myself and for my loved ones. So yesterday, I began (again) to watch what I eat and, soon, I'll be regularly working out again, too.

.....................................

I just noticed that what I wrote a list of resolutions, which should be strange since 2014 is already beating is end. But I believe it should be never too late to start again and correct the mistakes we have done. Diba?

What about you? What are you planning to do or change?


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...