August 27, 2012

Happy birthday, Gorgeous George!

Years ago, I promised to also make her a birthday post when I made one for Teena, but I was never able to do that. But now, here it is.

We have known each other for six years now, but we "officially" are friends for five. 2007  was the year when we both applied as assistant teachers in Kumon. (Yes, George, I had to check my resume for that.) It was then when I found out that we share the same weakness - cash and luho.

I would always remember that Saturday when we weren't speaking to each other. I can't remember the reason, but when we both reported for work at Kumon, she was bringing a big bag. We didn't speak to each other for the entire day but when we were going home, she suddenly said that she's going home to my house. That's George for you!

With personal matters, she's always the type to keep quiet about her feelings. Contrary to me, it would take hard and long time to get her to speak. Sometimes, she wouldn't even answer you directly, but would choose a song from a playlist to answer the question. Frustrating! Remember that, George?

Of course, we've been drunk together many regrettable times. What kind of friends wouldn't be? And I remember, one night, at the boarding house, while we were sleeping, she suddenly sat down and ____. That's a secret hehe.

I can say that I already know her inside out. We've shared a room in a boarding house and have been bloc-mates for four years. After graduating, we even worked for the same company, I-Pepper Virtual Network. I already resigned months ago, but she's still there. And she was recently promoted to Senior Virtual Assistant. Woot!

She always said that she would never get married. But women often eat their words and guess what? She's the first to be married among our batch (fact check?). She's now happily married to the man she loves. Yihee! I know her new family is really lucky to have her. :-)

George and hubby (copied without permission, of course)
I can't believe that we now have new lives. But these new lives we will still share together. As all cheesy posts say, we've been through up-and-downs, but here we are now, older and wiser - I wish!

Happy 33rd 23rd birthday, Daryl George!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...