November 12, 2012

Finally an Android!

I've had my mobile phone for more than two years. That's almost a decade in gadget-speak. I've had a Samsung Corby Plus for so long now, it's not funny anymore. Here's a photo of my ancient phone:

A black Samsung Corby Plus

It's a pretty basic phone. I loved it because it was touch-screen and had a QWERTY keyboard, but it's basic. As you may have guessed, it came out when Android phones were still priced at P30k+, similar to iPhone prices. So it's not an Android phone. Heck, it's not even WiFi! But when cheap Android devices started to come out, I realized na nagpaiwanan na talaga ako ng panahon. However, I still did not want to buy one because my Jurassic phone was still working very well and as much as I love technology, I prefer using my laptop.

I only use my phone to talk with J. #cheesy

I only realized I needed a new phone when Instagram became a hit. I need an Android phone, ASAP!

So yesterday, we went to SM Lanang, (as usual), and I checked the stores in CyberZone for a cheap Android phone. I went first to Tekpone and checked out Sony Xperia Tipo. I originally made up my mind already on this phone, but somehow, when I got a demo unit, it did not feel right. Yes, I buy my stuff using gut-feel. Sorry, spec-snobs. I got out of Tekpone to look for another phone.

Why didn't I ask for another phone in Tekpone? Because they didn't treat me very nicely. It was as if they didn't want customers. Or siguro they thought I wasn't buying. Poor me.

My parents were already in 8Telcom, where we regularly buy our phones (in other malls, though). I entered and asked for a recommendation for my budget. The lady recommended LG, so I tried it. I liked it. I bought it. And it didn't hurt that the salesladies were very accommodating and were playing with Y. Alright, I buy stuff based on gut-feel and customer service. I am a very emotional buyer, I realize. Sorry, spec-snobs.

Here's my new phone in a pose I see many bloggers do: above their laptops and in front of their webpages. Teehee. :D
A white LG Optimus L3
It's not much but it does the job for me. I can say I'm happy with it and will stick to it for another 2 years, hopefully.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...