June 7, 2013

Birthday Post: 23 Things I'm Thankful For

This year, I wanted a very simple celebration. I just wanted good, homemade food for the table for the family - and no gifts. I don't want this birthday to get tainted with material things. Chos! But seriously, I declined the offer for gifts. Kay Y na lang please. Hehehe. J wanted to send something over, but even that I declined. This is because I know he just paid for the tuition fees of his siblings and is paying for a financial and business seminar he is attending right now.

I woke up around 5am this morning and received a couple of text messages. One was a heartfelt greeting from my J, and the other was another heartfelt greeting from Honey.

No, it's not my other man. Hahaha! Honey is Y's yaya.

I was actually touched because she actually remembered my birthday and remembered to greet me so early in the morning. If I'm not mistaken, she sent the message at 4am, which means she greeted me even before J. That made me think that even though I'm not planning to celebrate this year, there are really so many things that I should be thankful for.

Again, there are a lot, but to keep up with the spirit of turning 23, I want to share with you the 23 things I am thankful for:

1. I am thankful most of all to the Lord Jesus Christ for setting direction to my life. I honestly don't know where I would be without his guidance.

2. I am thankful for having Y in my life. The Lord set direction to my life, but I lost my path along the way. When Y came, it was as if I was suddenly knocked back into the right way.

3. I am thankful for having J, who remained loving, supportive, funny, and patient through the years. You truly are my match.

4. I am thankful for having my family behind my back. It is true that even when everyone deserts you, your family will always be there waiting for you. With open arms.

5. I am thankful for the food on our table, the shelter over our heads, and the protection every single day.

6. I am thankful for the ability to breastfeed. Not all moms can breastfeed, and I'm thankful for the gift of extended breastfeeding.

7. I am thankful for my job that earns me enough money. More than that, I'm thankful that my job allows me to stay at home and watch my baby grow.

8. I am thankful, of course, to Honey, Y's yayey. Without her, I might not be able to work at all.

9. I am thankful to the friends who stayed. (EDIT: Thanks for this birthday entry, George!)

10. I am thankful for DavaoMommy.com. I decided to blog September of last year to pass time and keep me sane, a must for a WAHM. It has become more than an outlet of feelings and turned into my virtual home.

11. I am thankful for the online network of bloggers that I have met through time. I might not have actual office mates or colleagues, but through you, I get to interact with different people.

12. I am thankful for the Internet. Without this, so many things in my list would not have been possible. Haha!

13. I am thankful for Smart CommunicationsYou make our long-distance relationship possible. You have shortcomings, but it's okay, we're forgiving. Hehehe.

14. I am thankful for free resources of financial education and awareness, breastfeeding, parenting, and home and living

15. I am thankful for Facebookfor the network of people, Twitter for the news updates, and Instagram for the inspiring photos.

16. I am thankful for the house we are paying for now. It is just a lot now, but in two years, it will become our home.

17. I am thankful for chocolates, cakes, ice cream, and all sweet desserts.

18. I am thankful for all online shops that make shopping convenient and super easy.

19. I am thankful for all personal finance blogs and articles that keep my spending at bay.

20. I am thankful for the following apps: Pocket, MoBill, and BPI Mobile. Seriously. You make my work so much easier.

21. I am thankful for blogging and internet opportunities and contests that add spice to my online life.

22. I am thankful for even more opportunities of all aspects, of all facets, that will unfold in the coming days, months, years.

23. Finally, I am thankful to you, dear reader. You make my writing worthwhile.

Photo credit: http://www.keepcalmandposters.com
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...