August 20, 2014

An Ikea Wishlist

I know many of you would probably agree with me: there should be an IKEA store in the Philippines!

I drool over many of the furniture pieces from IKEA, and I imagine that our house, when it finally gets built, would be fully decked out from top to bottom with IKEA pieces. You see, they are not only pretty but also space-efficient. And based on the US website, they are pretty affordable!
Image: http://www.ikea.com

That's why I was ecstatic when I found out that there was an IKEA reseller in Davao city with a pwesto just at Abreeza Mall. I checked their Facebook page beforehand and am happy to report that they carry almost everything I like. So last Sunday, I finally visited them to see the items in person.

Unfortunately, I saw that the items were overpriced. For example, the Mala Easel, which was really what I was planning to buy only costs around $15 in the website. That's just around P645. But in the store, it costs P3,500. Partida sale price pa yan. Original price is P4,100. I know they're adding the shipping costs and rental fees to the prices of the products, so it's understandable, but that doesn't mean I have no choice but to patronize them, right? I need to make the most out of my money!

When I got home, I computed how much it would cost if I order the easel directly from the website. Again, it's $15 or P645, right? I might have it shipped through, for example, My Shopping Box, which charge $2.99 per pound for sea freight. Since the easel weighs 14 pounds, I would have to pay $41.86 or roughly P1,800. In total, I would only have to pay P2445, and I don't have to get out of the house.

If no one talks me out of it, I might just do that! 

(There's one more big IKEA reseller in Davao City, and they have a real shop which is even nearer my home. I just sent them an inquiry, but they don't carry the Mala Easel huhu.)

Aside from the Mala Easel, I also drool over many other items from IKEA. Here's an early Christmas wishlist hahaha:


MALA Easel - $14.99
MULA Crane with blocks - $14.99
TROGEN Chest - $179
TROGEN Storage bench - $69.99
BEKVÄM Spice rack - $3.99
AGEN Children's armchair - $19.99
BYGEL Utility cart - $29.99
GRUNDTAL Dish drainer - $26.99
KALLAX/ LEKMAN Shelf unit - $242.92
PAX Wardrobe - $680
MICKE Corner workstation - $139
LUNS Writing/magnetic board - $14.99
All images above are from the IKEA website.

And these are only some of the things I'd love to have from IKEA. On second thought, maybe it's a good idea IKEA's not here in the Philippines. If it was, I'd break the bank monthly!



_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...