December 13, 2011

Because I can't help it

Yesterday, when I got in the front seat of the jeepney I hailed, I saw this sign:

"If something makes you happy, don't let it go."

I thought of him.

Before that, I was thinking of how much I miss him.

I was thinking of the possibilities that may happen, that he may forget me, that he may find another one.

Though I couldn't blame him if he does, the thought of it makes me sick and mad at myself.

I know I couldn't possibly live with that.

I know a lot of men much better than him, but I couldn't imagine being with anyone else other than him.

I know we have a lot of differences, but they never seemed to bother me. Or us.

It was at that moment yesterday when I knew that leaving him is a huge mistake, probably the biggest mistake I will ever do.

Serendipitously, he was also thinking of the same thing, not just yesterday, but since last week.

And so, as simple as that, we got back together.

And I've never been happier.

And I promised myself I'll never let him go again.

Maybe our chapter doesn't end here. Maybe our fairytale can become reality after all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...