November 15, 2012

Thoughts on #Amalayer

Yes, that's a hashtag on my post title. I don't know why, but hashtags seem to be taking over the world now: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.

I digress.

Alright, so I assume you must be familiar with the #Amalayer issue. If not, please come out of that rock and soak up some chismis. Or better yet, watch some news. Anyway, it's about this irate girl - Paula Salvosa - who yelled at lady guard in the LRT and made a scene. I know it's been two days since it has happened, but #amalayer (which is derived from I'm a liar) is still trending on Twitter, which led me to really think about it.

My two cents:

I'm glad I was raised by a family who doesn't have scandalous tendencies. I experienced public humiliation many times (trust me), but I never had the urge to retaliate. Although I'm prone to running some pretty gruesome scenes in my head when I get home.

I'm also glad I was raised thinking that the world does not owe my anything. I work hard and nothing was ever handed to me on a silver platter just because I wished for it. My parents never spoiled me, and early on, I learned that if I wanted anything, I should work for it. Well, we all should work hard to get what we deserve - but still that doesn't mean we deserve to be treated like royalty.

Finally, if I were in the same situation as Salvosa, I'm sure I wouldn't have done the same thing. Why? Even though I write using English, I can't - for the life of me - speak well. If someone treated me badly, I would simply write to the management to save me from public speaking. So there. :D

Here's the video:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...