May 16, 2013

Stories over the Weekend

Woah, where did the time go? I compiled all the stories that happened last weekend and saved it for a mid-week post, pero Thursday na pala. #fail

Well, it's not too late, is it? Actually, my weekend was pretty ordinary. It was uneventful, but I guess that's the beauty of it. When you take time to see things more deeply, you turn an ordinary weekend into an extraordinary one. That was deep.

Without further ado, these are the stories that happened over the weekend:

1. Honey the atat yaya


Last Friday, we went to another clinic visit. The night before that, Honey, Y's yaya, asked me whether we would go to the doctor the next day. I said yes. Later, she asked what time we would go. I told her I'm not sure.

On the day of the appointment, in the morning, Honey asked again what time we would go. I told her we would probably go to the doctor after lunch.

Later, the weather became gloomy. I became reluctant to go out and was planning to resched because it was threatening to rain. We decided to just wait it out and see whether the sun would come out by lunch time.

Over lunch:
Me: Mukhang uulan nga. Resched ko na lang appointment with Doc.

(After 10 minutes)
Honey: Ate, maliwanag na. May araw na.
Me: Okay, pero baka ulan sa downtown.

(After another 10 minutes)
Honey: Ate mainit na.
Me: Oo nga, pero baka umuulan sa downtown.

(Later)
Honey: Ate sabi ni ___ mainit daw sa downtown.

Ooookay, may plano ka bang gawin at pinapalayas mo na kami?!

2. Honey the earlybird


Still about Honey haha. Last weekend, she went home to the province kasi fiesta daw sa kanila.

Mama: What time ka uuwi mamaya?
Honey: Depende po kay ate (me).
Me: Pwede kang umuwi mga 4 kasi maaga akong matatapos sa work.
Honey: Okay po, mas maganda po yan kasi po kung late na ako umuuwi, kailangan ko pang sumakay ng tricycle. Sayang pera.

At this point, my mom and I exchanged glances. Bakit, requirement bang umuwi ka every month? Haha joke. Then, may pahabol pa si Honey:

Honey: At tsaka kung late na akong umuwi, nawawala po ako.

Nawawala ka papuntang bahay nyo? Okay ah!


3. Good vibes in Jollibee


Ngayon, good vibes naman tayo. Last Sunday, which was Mother's Day, we ate lunch at the usual place: Jollibee. We went to Gaisano Mall that time and was pleased to see that the supervisors (I assume) were all over the place, assisting customers. They even helped us locate a table with cushioned chairs.

Parang restaurant ang level ng customer service.

What made us even happier was this:

Isa pang chicken joy!
We just ordered one-piece chicken for each of us, but they gave us extra chicken. Happy Mother's Day! :D


4. Lolo loving


While we were eating, I also noticed that Y pala is fond of lolo figures. If you don't know, aside from me. Y's favorite person in the house is my own father, his lolo. Then, on his birthday, he kept clinging to our grandfatherly neighbor, whom he just met that night.

Take note that Y is deathly afraid of strangers.

Now, let's go back to Jollibee. While I was feeding Y, I noticed he kept glancing at the next table and smiling. I looked to see another lolo figure, with glasses on and reading a newspaper. He looked like a professor and a kind grandfather at the same time. He was also playing with Y. :-)

No photo of the Lolo; I was too shy. :P

5. Y's donations

After eating, we trooped to National Bookstore. Actually, they were just waiting for me while I withdrew money from the ATM. However, when I went inside, I saw the cutest photo albums on sale. Perfect because at the age of 13 months, wala talaga kaming photo album! As in nada!

But let's not talk about the album here. Upon paying for it sa counter, I spotted these notebook packs for P25. I found out na donations pala sya. I got a couple and wrote Y's name as the donor. :-)

National Bookstore's Project Aral


Yun lang poe! (I did not vote for Poe, by the way, but well..)
I hope this post brought you good vibes for today! :-)
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...