September 30, 2013

Clinic Visit + Book Loot

Last Saturday morning, we went back to our favorite pedia (hehe) for our 6-in-1 shot. Our schedule was supposed to be on the 26th when Yuri turned 18 months, but I had to re-schedule because our yaya had a school event din last Saturday, so sinabay ko na para di ma-doble absences ko. Our ever nice pedia had no problem about it.

I know very little about pediatricians because this is the first time I have to visit one regularly - I don't recall seeing a particular doctor regularly when I was young, except for our family dentist. However, I do know that a good pediatrician would do this:





Our pedia, Doc Amy Morata-Lee, already knows Yuri so well - well, she was there since birth. Now, she knows that Yuri already reacts to being in the clinic negatively. It's like he knows what will happen inside. By extension, he has not been so fond of Doc. This time, though, Doc was prepared. She immediately set blocks on the floor for Yuri to play. No, these weren't to measure anything (Yuri never had the patience for stacking toys), but just to make Yuri hiyang to the clinic.

In the photos above, Doc is the woman crouching beside Yuri. Cool, no? After a few moments of playing, we held Yuri down on the bed for the shot. Of course, warla ensued. However, Doc immediately resumed to dancing and playing with Yuri so Yuri forgot about the pain right away. Doc also gave him biscuits. Food really is the way to a man's heart.

Before going home, Doc gave me these:


Our Ceelin supply for this month is already taken care of! Yay! I also asked Doc if she can recommend some appetite-boosters for Yuri, and she told me to try a sample of Heraclene.

She also gave me meal plans:


I don't think I can give you the entire photos, sorry!

She also gave Yuri some biscuits and snacks. She also wanted to give us some balloons from the clinic (bakit nga ba may balloons?), but we already had our hands full - it was only my mom and I with Yuri - so we had to return them. Huhu.

After our doctor's visit, we proceeded to the mall because I was to meet up with Charles Goodies' brother for my Crocs shoes. We stayed in the National Bookstore while waiting, where my mom and Yuri directly went to the board books section. Uh-oh.

But it was a good thing because I saw these!


Super duper cute board books with equally cute stories! Now, guess how much they are?


Only around P80 per book! It was like I was in Bookshop or Booksale. The only difference was that these books were spanking new! I wanted to buy more (there were lots of this), but I only had a few cash with me and I left my ATM at home, so I bought two first. I'll surely be back for more!

I was also able to get my Crocs shoes, which I wore in my Jollibee event in the afternoon:


As I mentioned, I was also set for a Jollibee that afternoon and Yuri should be coming with me. I asked Doc if it's okay to bring Yuri with me. Yuri is a big boy already, so a little shot wouldn't get through him. However, I needed to make sure, so I observed Yuri after we got home. This is what I saw:


Okay, I think we're fine here. Hehehe. We're ready to see Jollibee! Please stay tuned for my blog post about Jollibee's 35th birthday.

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...