January 19, 2015

Saturday Errands and Dates

I almost never go out during Saturdays, or any weekday for that matter, because I'm always home, working. Very exciting, I know. But last Saturday was an exception because I scheduled different errands during it. Since two of the errands involve banks, I didn't have any choice but to go out on Saturday. So I also set the other appointments on the same day.

I realized I don't have a selfie with Yuri! That's because we were in a hurry na that morning. But I did take some selfies when I got home that night (not that it matters but I'm showing them anyway):
Striped shirt from the loot from Left to Vary, Forever 21 jeans, bib necklace from Mama

I am so into striped shirts these days. Can you tell me where to buy affordable striped and Breton shirts? Pretty please? I'm also very into bib necklaces. Lakas maka-donya.

Bank Appointments

First, we had to go to Robinsons bank to open an account. While waiting for mother afterward, Yuri and I went inside Cybergate supermarket. The last time I've been there was when I was still in college. Anyway, nothing fancy, but Yuri and I ended up buying Panda biscuits and these:
I think this was around P60
P36, if I'm not mistaken

I've been curious about brownie crisps since 2013 pa yata but I don't see any brands sold here. Imagine my surprise to see a pan of them made by who else but Cream-O. We (they) ate the Brownie crisps yesterday, and in fairness, they're yummy.

We tried the yogurt snack this morning and I like how it is not overly sweet. In fact, it just tastes like yogurt and fruit. And it has no preservatives! The cups were very small though haha.

Next, we were off to BPI at Abreeza. Mother needed to deposit some money while I was there to claim a new credit card. I'm so excited to show it to you! I will make a separate post for it.

We actually waited for more than 2 hours at BPI: we went in before 1 and got called at almost 3. Then when I came to the desk, my number was wrong pa pala! Naku, nagmakaawa na ako and said my son and I (and mother, by extension) haven't eaten lunch yet. I'm glad to inform you that BPI employees are sympathetic so I got entertained and didn't have to fall in line again.

Shopping - sort of

Then I had an appointment with one of the staff of Charles Goodies. After months of waiting, I finally received these:
Oshkosh loafers - around P900
Gap sandals - around P600

I'm so happy to see these shoesies. The red loafers were meant to be Yuri's Christmas shoes but didn't arrive on time, thanks to cargo congestion in Manila. So Job and I got him a pair of Nikes last Christmas.

Friendly Date

And finally, my last appointment for the day (not counting my mundane grocery and drug store errand) was meeting with Yankee again. My mother was still there when we were ordering food (I finally used my gift certificates for Taters, which I won from lookingatthebrightside.com) because she's gonna bring some food home to Papa, and we got into talking about real estate. Lord please guide our way and bless the plans you planted in our hearts!
On Yuri: Guess shirt, Mothercare shorts, Nike shoes
Yuri and Iya (lola) later went ahead of us because it was getting late. I stayed behind with Yankee for catch-up chika.
It really feels refreshing to meet with a sister of Christ. She was able to share with me the exciting aspects of her life lately and her dreams and I shared with her my own hopes and frustrations. Thank you so much for praying over me, Yanx! In return, I shall delete your candid photo from my phone. Hahaha JK. Of course I'll be praying for you, too!

Afterward, we parted ways and I shopped for groceries to replenish our stock of cheese and kimchi haha.

It was a tiring but very fulfilling day. I believe it was a God-orchestrated day especially my meeting with Yankee, whom I have not seen in almost a year. I'm thankful for having the opportunity to strengthen my faith through the testimony of other people.
Source: http://www.ccsgoshen.org

And I went home to this mini-lolo:

Whew! What about you? How was your weekend?
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...