November 20, 2013

Yuri's Fashionable Wishlist

Disclaimer: Actually, Yuri has nothing to do with this. It's all his momma's doing.

I've been itching to do a "makeover" on Yuri's "wardrobe." I haven't used his rompers anymore. They're reserved for home use - in other words, pambahay - but I only wear them on Yuri during cooler days. On sunny days, he wears the ever-reliable sando. On some days, he only wears a diaper.

But he cannot be in his birthday suit (plus diaper) when we go out. Malamig kaya, not to mention pagkakaguluhan sya ng mga tao. Charot! Anyway, I know Yuri would have preferred to be naked (haha), but since I'm the intrimiderang nanay, I want to make him - at least - fashionable (in my and tropical Philippines' standard), I want to upgrade naman his wardrobe.

I already started by buying him his first ever skinny jeans and a cute pair of suspenders. Para di masyadong magastos, I promised Job that I will be buying just one piece of apparel per month. Do you want to know what else I plan to buy? Here they are (thus the wishlist):


1. Chambray Shirt from Baby Gap

This is the trend now, and aside from just jumping into the bandwagon, I really think this trend is ageless. Also, I can only imagine how Yuri will look so pogi in chambray!

2. Tights from H&M

I like dressing Yuri in busha pants (see OOTDs here and here) because they're super comfortable, but the designs are limited. Also, I'm not a fan of cartoon characters. I'll probably buy tights in block colors and cute patterns.

3. Tiny Toms in Red (Sooo cute!)

Ugh! If only hindi sya mahal! You might find Toms affordable, pero ako hindi. I have a price limit, although I know I should really buy good-quality shoes for Yuri's developing toddler feet. Calling Job!

4. Colored Jeans in Green from Zara

I am totally in love with colored jeans now! Many say that boys are harder to dress because of the limited clothing styles, and I agree wholeheartedly. However, colored jeans are much cuter on boys than on girls (sorry I'm biased!), and I think these would be the key to creating better outfits. 

5. Plaid Double-weave Shirt from Baby Gap

I'm also planning to buy Yuri another plaid polo shirt for two reasons: first, they're timeless like chambray shirts and second, maliit na ang plaid polo ni Yuri.

6. Knitted Hat (aka Beanie) from Zara

I also like how Yuri looks like wearing headpieces. However, his only head-wear now is a baseball cap, which, admittedly, doesn't go with a preppy wardrobe. I think my best bet would be a beanie so that it would be cool-looking and Yuri's head will stay cool - literally.

7. Jeans with Suspenders from H&M (Ugh!)

I have an obsession with suspenders! I just bought one last Sunday, actually, and I want to buy more!!!

8. Appaman Glen Plaid Vest

When I read mom blogs from other countries on how they dress their sons up, I feel jealous because they get to wear cardigans, jackets, etc. I certainly cannot do that in humid Philippines! I think using a vest would be the closest thing I can get to layering.

9. Pull-on Jeans from H&M

Ah, pull-on jeans. I included this not because they are cute (although they are cute!) but because it would be necessary to wear pull-up jeans when we start potty-training, which is in the imminent future. Oh noes.

10. Corduroy Pants in Red from H&M

Another pair of colored jeans! In Christmas colors! I'm hoping I can buy Yuri red jeans before Christmas!
______________________________________

If you're wondering if I plan to really buy all the stuff I listed, well, the answer is a resounding no. First of all, walang Baby Gap, Zara Baby, and H&M sa aDavao City. Second, I like the clothes but I don't like the prices! Actually, the prices are reasonable when you're living in the US, but if you're in the Philippines and converted into pesos na, ayaw ko na haha!

Third, I see these clothes in the department store! Diba? Like the vest. I saw one last Sunday at SM, Crib Couture (I like this brand). And it's very cheap! (When I say cheap, trust me: it is cheap.) In other words, because kuripot ako at kailangang magtipid, I'll be on the lookout for cheaper alternatives to those cool clothes. Marami naman eh. But, hey, if you want to give Yuri a gift, you're welcome to do so! :-P

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...