November 19, 2013

Chilly Sunday turned Suspenders-Sunday

Happy Tuesday! Can you feel the Amihan wind? Nafi-feel ko na dito sa Davao. While I do enjoy the cool breeze, I would be lying if I said I don't feel a tinge of worry everytime the wind blows more hardly than usual.

But enough of the negative vibes. Let's talk about my favorite day of the week: Sunday! As usual. Haha! For new "readers" and those na napadpad lang (thanks, Google!), I love Sundays because it's the only day of the week when I can go outside the house. #WAHMproblems.

Anyway, another reason is that I love putting together outfits for the little boy. Who says only little girls can be dressed up?

However, last Sunday, I was having trouble dressing Yuri up because my mom gave him a souvenir shirt from Baguio, and Yuri was expected to wear it. Haha okay! Since it was a little chilly that morning, I also got his jacket out para Baguong-Baguio ang dating:

Shirt: souvenir from Baguio City, khaki pants (turned pedal-pushers): NEXT, kicks: Oshkosh B'gosh, jacket: St. Patrick

I know this is not my best work (not even close), but whatever. Need to wear grandma's gift! Which I like, just to make it clear! :-P Here are the details of his "outfit":
The shoes are the ones given to me by the very kind seller of Charles Goodies. Yuri likes it so much that sometimes, he wears them at home. When he saw me bring them outside, umiyak kasi gustong isuot. Fine!

And, of course, here are our obligatory before-leaving-the-house shots:
Cardigan: Hand-me-down from mother, Blouse: Aztec-print zip-front jumpsuit from GMall Department Store, Jeans: Forever 21, Shoes: Crocs, Diaper bag: Carter's

Yes, that blouse is a jumpsuit. I was supposed to wear it alone, but it must have shrunk in the wash kasi ang ikli na! Oh noes!

Here are moooore shots from SM Lanang Premier:
My sister literally shrieked when she saw the Hello Kitty display in the atrium! She's now in a phase where she (finally) appreciates Hello Kitty, and as luck would have it, nagparamdam sa kanya si Hello Kitty!

I was also a fan of Hello Kitty growing up. Virtually everything in my childhood bedroom was Hello Kitty!

Christmas was also in the air in SM Lanang Premier. Kudos to my classmates who belong to SM's marketing team!

Yuri got bored and, well, stuck to the glass walls of Terranova. Real smooth, kid. Real smooth.

You may have noticed that Yuri wasn't wearing his jacket anymore. Well, that's because the weather abruptly changed from chilly to sunny! That left Yuri in a pretty dismal attire. But don't fret because one of my missions that day was to buy Yuri ---- a pair of suspenders!

I've been reading Momster Teacher's blog, and Raviv is quickly becoming my toddler peg for Yuri. Because Job doesn't want me overspending for clothes, my mission is to buy Yuri one piece of clothing at a time, thus the suspenders for this month!

I scoured the department store for one, and a kind and gay (I just have to say it) salesman was really helpful. He showed me few suspenders that were right for Yuri's age (let's talk more about this in my November Finds blog post *wink*), and here it is!
Clockwise from top left: All smiles! What are you looking at? Waddup?! And Back view of the suspenders

Oh diba, ang cute??? Guess how much it costs??? Ah, let's reserve that for the November Finds post bwahahaha! It's just sad that red's the only color left. Oh well. Anyway, here's Yuri in Giligan's:

Bored Yuri eating Sky Flakes as appetizers, Foot up on the table, Yuri's kicks, and a Pa-cute Yuri

I'm sorry, but I just have to post this stolen photo of my sister:
Sabi nga nila, black is beautiful. Peace!

One of our favorite educational activities is pointing to fruits and vegetables on the shelves. It doesn't hurt when the salespeople are completely enamored of this toddler!

More pointing!

Looking every inch the Pinocchio! I find this photo really funny because it looks as if Yuri's head is only pasted on the body haha!
Hands-down my favorite photo of the day!

Hay, finally natapos na rin ang barrage of photos. If you're wondering why I'm taking so many photos of Yuri nowadays, it's because I'm in the middle of my Oplan Photo Album. You see, Yuri's album is so dismally empty. I've gathered 100 album-worthy photos already from the time Yuri was a newborn, pero most of the photos were taken, well, amateurishly. Now, I'm exerting more effort to make the photos more beautiful naman.

Also, it's more fun to take photos of Yuri nowadays! Marunong na kasing mag-smile sa camera (unlike before na puro grumpy faces lang!). Although it's really challenging because Yuri doesn't stay in one place for long! :-D


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...