December 12, 2013

How I'm Wrapping My Gifts This Year

Every single year, before Christmas day and during panic buying gift-buying season, I always buy several rolls of Christmas wrappers. However, when we did a general cleaning of the house recently, we discovered so many rolls of wrappers that are unused! Of course, my mom took immediate possession of it, so I still don't have wrappers to wrap my gifts. But knowing how buying new rolls would mean more kalat in the bodega next year, I decided not to buy them anymore.
Yes, I'm trying to be more environment-conscious now. Aside from buying organic stuff and trying to jump into the cloth-diapering wagon, I also want to reduce my paper waste.

And the perfect solution? Old boxes and paper bags!

I have thought of the idea months back, maybe around October. So during that time, I began setting aside all kinds of boxes: cereal boxes, snack boxes, and chocolate-drink boxes. Of course, my father almost always gets to throw the boxes away before I get the chance to keep them, but here are what I manages to stow away:
This way, I will be able to reuse the boxes before they get thrown away!
Early this year, when work was a bit sparse, I tried my luck in online selling. It went quite well but it was so stressful - read more about it here. Anyway, that time, I bought a bunch of paper bags for the "business." However, because of the business's early death, I had to keep all of those unused paperbags in my room. So why don't we reduce clutter by using them?
The great thing about using paper bags, aside from being dirt cheap, is that they help me organize. For example, I already bought a bunch of gifts for different people. I wouldn't want them na nakatiwangwang over the place. On the other hand, I don't have time to properly wrap yet. So what I do is stash them into their respective bags, waiting for me to wrap them up!
Yes, I know they're hardly Martha Stewart-ish, but they're just organizers for now. At least I have the gifts "hidden." I haven't wrapped them yet; don't worry!

Now, what will I do after? I scoured Google, as usual, and came up with these pretty pegs:
Photo: http://www.mrkate.com
Photo: http://www.justmakestuff.com/
Photo: thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com





































What do you think? Ang pretty, diba? Now if only un-artsy me could pull them off!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...