February 21, 2014

Help! Home Remedies for Cold Please?

Today is Friday and I'm supposed to have written a post enticing you to make wiser personal finance decisions. In my defense, I already have a draft written weeks ago, just awaiting completion.

However, I was feeling so tired last night that I just couldn't bring myself to completing it.

I wasn't even able to exercise properly, save for around 15 minutes of running. After that, my body couldn't take anymore stress.

Buntis? Charot.

You see, I've been battling what I thought was a common cold for two weeks now. It never progressed because I fought it with fruit smoothies and liters of water. I was able to get through the past two weeks smoothly (and healthily, too).

However, this week, my cold returned and was worse. I have very itchy sinuses and itchy and watery eyes and a sore throat. I'm thinking maybe this is allergic rhinitis. I've never had this before and I'm actually placing my suspicion on the mice that suddenly invaded our home.

So, yes, I've been feeling under the weather. Water and fruit smoothies didn't seem to be enough, but I don't want to take any medication.

Worse, nahawa pa si Yuri. The other day, he developed a cold, too, and just yesterday, he started coughing. I'm praying that his is only a common cold and not as bad as mine.
I want to use home remedies for Yuri, but the elders are persistent in making him take medicine, so I'm giving him little amounts of it. He has been drinking smoothies, too. What else should I do?

Here are my friends when it comes to these situations:
Boogie Wipes to wipe mucus away
Zenutrients Natural Therapy Oil for decongestion. (Last night, I placed some on his feet and covered them with socks. This morning, the socks were all over the bed. Mmmkay.)
Rice powder to avoid irritation (Cologne not included - of course)
Lotsa lotsa water and fluids
Smoothies

What else should I do, mommies, daddies, and non-parentals? This is not the first time Yuri's sick, but I want him to be healed in record-breaking time! (I claim it, Jesus!)

By the way, I'm also thinking of making nasal spray to flush my sinuses. But I can't do that with Yuri. He'll surely hate it and would not stay still. So again, what else do you think I should do?

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...