March 8, 2014

Easy and Delish Five-Minute Quiche

We all love bread. I think I like all sorts of bread. Plain, flavored, with filling, hard bread, soft rolls, freshly baked, one-day old: as long as it's bread, there's a big chance that I will eat it.
Because I live in a household where everyone likes bread, more often than not, we have leftover bread in the pantry or in the fridge. Because bread has a limited lifestyle, it's either we eat them right away (dunk in mainit na kape or Milo), make a pudding, or turn them into French Toast.

One time, thought, I got inspired to try something new. Rather than make the usual sweets I used to make, I was in the mood for something savory. So out of the old bread we had, I made a five-minute quiche
Of course, it's not like the regular, oven-baked quiche. This is more of a single-serve quiche, which can totally fulfill your cravings if you need something fast - and easy. I think what I made is a success because my little sister and my little toddler were fighting over the last piece... Without much ado, here's what I did:
(This recipe is loosely based on the recipe here.)
What you need: 
Bread, 1 egg, 1-2 tablespoons of milk (depending on how much bread you use), 1 tablespoon of butter, cheese, your meat of choice (optional), and your veggies of choice

1. Pull bread apart and tear them into bite-sized pieces. You can use freshly baked bread or old bread like what I did. Just don't use bread that is too hard or you'll end up with a hard quiche.

2. Melt butter in a small microwaveable bowl (or mug).

3. Crack an egg in a separate container (always crack egg in a separate container so that if it happens to be rotten, you don't have to throw the entire mixture away) and mix it with the melted butter.

4. Add in the milk.

5. You can add salt and pepper to taste, but I nixed this step. Whether you add seasoning or not, the next step is to whisk the mixture together.

6. Add the pieces of torn bread and make sure they're soaked in the mixture. Leave a few pieces of bread for later use.

7. Put in your add-ons of meat and veggies. I used sliced ham, carrots, red and green bell peppers, mushroom, and cheese.

8. Place remaining bread over these add-ons to make something pie-like.

9. Grate cheese over the bread.

10. Microwave on High setting for 1 and a half minute. That's it!
I wasn't able to take pretty photos (I didn't have my camera yet during this time), but the young ones like the quiche because it tastes like pizza (yes it does!) while I like it because Yuri can get all food groups in just one bite!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...