April 26, 2014

My Name Isn't Even That Hard To Spell!

Are you a victim of misspelled names?

I am.

I know so many people whose names always get misspelled, but theirs is understandable because they have unique names. I mean, when I was in second grade, my adviser's name was Tepane. I'm not kidding.

That was years ago, and until now, I still couldn't decide whether she was supposed to be a "Stephanie" or a "Tiffany." Maybe her parents couldn't decide.

If I were her, I wouldn't blame people for misspelling my name.

But my case is different. I think of my name as rather simple: Marie Angeli. Plain and common. Still, it's understandable when people spell my first name as "Mary" and the second name as "Angelie." They're acceptable because they're still, well, real names.

Now, I'm in the middle of yet another online transaction, and upon tracking my order, I see this:
Wait, wait. What was that again?
Marie Angeh??? Seriously?! Hahahaha is that even a name? I really found this funny and I couldn't stop looking at the webpage because I must have been imagining things. But no, it's really "Angeh." I can easily imagine how the sender's penmanship must have looked like, but it would take guts for the Xend employee to type my name as "Angeh" rather than the name that makes sense, "Angeli."

I salute you! Hahaha ano ba? Brain soup much.

After getting over the name part and proceeding to actually tracking my package, I headed over to the link to LBC as indicated below.
I felt relief when I found out my package was already on its way, and I felt more relief when a more sensible LBC employee figured out what my second name was.
But wait, what's that? Upon further inspection, I found this:


Photo: http://www.acclaimimages.com/

Hahaha nakakaloka!

Well, in fairness, this was not the first time my surname was spelled this way, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Wala lang, nakakatawa lang that both my name and surname were murdered in just one transaction!

What about you? Any name mishaps lately? :D

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...