May 7, 2014

Anatomy of a WAHM with a Clingy Toddler

Lately, Yuri has been extra clingy. I mean, he's always been clingy. Ever since he was born, he never was the type of baby you could leave alone even for one minute. He never was the type of baby that could sleep long on his own. But I've accepted that and just thanked God that I'm blessed with a clingy kid.

But lately, he's become even clingier. I don't know what happened, but when something goes wrong with his toys, he runs to my office table, crying and wanting to nurse.

He throws tantrums like all toddlers do but we just ignore it. However, his tantrum-style turned from screaming and thrashing around into "run-to-momma-and-find-boobie."

Small toys wouldn't fit into the back of his toy car? Run to momma and find the boobie.

Big toys wouldn't fit into the back of his toy car? Run to momma and find the boobie.

Books don't fit into the back of his toy car? Run to momma and find the boobie.

Books, small toys, and big toys fit into the back of his toy car but fall off when he moves the car fast? Run to momma and find the boobie.

It's quite exhausting especially when I'm busy working - especially now that we have daily brownouts! - but I just don't have the heart to refuse my toddler who still finds comfort in nursing.

I know it's just a phase but I don't know how long it would last!

So on most days, my messy table looks like this:

But when Yuri decides he needs to nurse to comfort himself about toy-related stress...
An additional item is attached to me.

Am I wrong in tolerating this behavior? If you think I am, what do you think should I do?

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...