August 22, 2012

The perks of being a mommy

I still don't have any essays to review, and Y is still not wondering where his mama is, so I killed time by reading my old blog posts. I came across this post back in November when I was still pregnant with Y. I don't know what I ate, but I actually blogged about the good things about being pregnant. Maybe I was feeling a bit down that time and needed to be perk up. It must have worked because I'm feeling good again.

Now that I am not pregnant anymore, life is definitely NOT easier. Back when I was just pregnant, all I had to mind was myself, physically. I could do anything I wanted, provided that it's not dangerous for baby. When I don't have to work, I can stay in bed all day and read all the books I can read. If I want to go out, I can go out. The funny thing is, I didn't ever want to go out when I was still pregnant. Walking with a basketball inside you isn't easy, you know.

Now that I am not pregnant anymore, I couldn't lock myself in my room whenever I wanted. I couldn't read books anymore. Now that I can wear good clothes again because I have a relatively flatter stomach, I want to go EVERYWHERE. But - alas! - I could not, because a little boy needs to be with me all the time because I'm his source of nourishment.

Don't get me wrong; I don't resent the fact that I breastfeed my baby, because it's the best for babies up to 2 years. *insert picture of a breastfeeding mother here*

But because I'm now a mother, these things all mean so little to me. Who cares if I could not read books? A new, exciting life story is unfolding right in front of my eyes. Why would I be jealous of those who watched all the latest movies? My little action star is providing entertainment for us every minute - for free! Who cares if I can't go out all the time? Staying in and being able to see Y all the time is the best luxury I can afford to have.

All I have to do is pause what I'm doing and look at Y, and I know it's worth it. :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...