September 15, 2012

Y just started on solids!

Photos courtesy of Lola
It may not look like much, but that bottle Y's feeding on has solid food! Yesterday, after we went to the pediatrician to get his final dose of rotavirus and pneumococcal vaccines, we went to the mall to buy a feeding set. We were supposed to buy a feeding set, but my mother and I can't decide on a design we both want. I'm still planning to buy a Tommee Tippee feeding set, but we can't find it in good old Gaisano Mall. Looks like I have to order from Zalora again. :-)

Anyway, the salesperson from Bebeta brought us a feeding bottle. We dismissed it, saying Y doesn't do bottle-feeding and we're looking for a set for solid feeding. He opened the bottle, and voila! It doesn't have a nipple, but a silicon spoon! You're supposed to place the food mixture inside the bottle (or mix cereal and water in the bottle altogether, like what I did), and squeeze it so that the mixture comes out of the spoon. Amazing! It's a godsend for beginner feeding, where the mixture is mostly water.

We bought a few sachets of Cerelac in order to find out what flavor he likes. We first tried rice and soya. I expected sour faces from Y when I first fed him, but I underestimated this kid. He keeps on eating and eating until he expectedly got full. He does the same thing with vitamins and oral vaccines. Y doesn't have any problem eating. That's right, baby. Kain lang nang kain. Oh, I just love this kid! Haha!

*By the way, if the pictures look a bit dark, that's because we ate sooo early in the morning. Can you blame me if I'm excited? :D
Posted by Picasa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...