September 14, 2012

Transitions

So there. I'm finally done with my transition from my beloved Wordpress to good old Blogger. I imported all my blog posts from Happy Murals and published it here in my new Blogger blog, Davao Mommy. I'm happier with the new blog title. It suits me. The thing with this new name is that I'll always be from Davao, though I'd certainly be in more places, and I'll always be a mommy. Plus, I don't feel pressured to have to write happy thoughts all the time. Haha!

Anyway, this post is not really about my transition from one platform to another. This is about transitions, in general. I was inspired to write this post when I reviewed an essay earlier. It was written by a student who was undergoing divorce. She didn't want the divorce to happen and she tried to look her best during the signing of papers, hoping that her husband would change his mind somehow. She wore what used to be her husband's favorite dress, but it didn't make him change his mind. It was so sad. I was almost in tears, if it weren't for her out-of-place quotation marks.

I was suddenly reminded of the transitions I have to undergo. These transitions are pretty hard, too, but I hope I never had to go through what my student had to. J is about to start a new job in PGMC, and while it's a very good thing, we certainly would be communicating less. I also realized Y is turning 6 months in less than two weeks. Pretty soon, he won't be a baby anymore, but an active toddler. Before I know it, he would have his own life.

On the other hand, he is still a very young baby now, about to get his last round of pneumococcal and rotavirus immunizations -- did I spell them right? Hurray to the final hole-burning of my pocket!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...