October 1, 2012

Surplus of Fans

DISCLAIMER: No, I'm not referring to people fans. I only have one - myself.
#falsemodesty

In my Facebook account, I posted a cute picture of Y when he woke me up this morning. Of course, his adorable face is the first thing I see each morning. However, when we went downstairs, I wasn't prepared to see this:

Yes, that's Kuya Kim on showtime. I was only able to take this photo when Y's yaya took her lunch.
There are four electric fans in our living room! Before you react, no, it's not a particularly hot morning. We're not opening a surplus shop either. These are the fans from the rooms upstairs and from the kitchen that need repair.

See, we have a funny lot of electric fans. The first one in the picture, the black one behind the white, runs but only with its head up high. We call the fan hambog, or "proud" in English. The white and purple fan is relatively new, but its motor already died. We call it luya or "weakling."

The third fan is the maroon one -- and it's the only one that runs! Actually, it runs very strongly and it's capable of blowing your hat off with just the first setting. The family doesn't have a name for it, but I proudly call it "Fighting Maroon." Need I say more? #UPpride

Finally, the last fan is the beige fan on the right. It's the oldest fan among the lot, and it's the exact opposite of the first fan. Why? Because it runs only with his head down low. We call it ulawon or "shy."

So, there. That's only half of the fans we have in the house. We have many because we're draft-loving people; apparently, we're weird people, too, because our electric fans have names. Hahaha!

PS: Here's the photo of Y in my Facebook:

Call me biased, but he's adooorable!
 *Grainy photos courtesy of my 2-year old mobile phone
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...