November 3, 2012

Cebu City: Day 1

Two days ago, I promised to blog about our 5-day vacay in Cebu. However, because it's Undas, Y's yaya had to go home, so I took care of Y full-time. I also had to work on my mom's website - http://www.davao-realproperties.com. Please visit it, by the way!

Last Sunday, October 28, we left Davao for Cebu City. Here we were before leaving the house:

On the right are our luggage. There are two more bags not in photo.
Me and Y. Please forgive the awkward position of legs.
Mom and sister ready to leave
One last pic before stepping outside the house
I checked my camera and apparently, I don't have any photos of us in the airport or in the plane. The photos we took were using my mom's phone. Since it's night already, and I'm just blogging beside a sleeping child, I will have to skip the airport/plane pics.

After arriving in Cebu, we were met by my cousin's husband, Kuya Ernie. I'm not sure but I think he works as an area manager in Jollibee. We went straight to my cousin's house in Guadalupe. Here are some photos of my pamangkins.
Y with 4-year old kuya cousin, Zain
Y smirking over kuya cousin's toy car
Kuya cousin fooling around (with my other cousin's husband in the background)
Kuya cousin tinkering the camera, sister in the foreground, and my other pamangkins with their yayas in the background
Zain is a very witty kid. If we were living in Cebu, we would visit them everyday just to make sure Y becomes as witty as him. Before we left, he said to his mom:
Can baby cousin stay here diri sa house ma? I want diri lang si baby cousin and then si bugoy brother and bugoy cousin na lang sa Davao.
He wanted Y for himself. #charmingboyproblems

After eating a hearty lunch of lechon Cebu and dried squid (which I was too shy to take pictures of), we went to our hotel just in time for check-in time. We were driven to the hotel by my other cousin's husband.

We unpacked our things and rested because we are to meet my cousins again later in the afternoon. At around 5, someone knocked on our door. We expected to see my cousins, but we were surprised to see virtually the entire Laxa clan. Most of them came from Compostela, Cebu, while my dad's brother came all the way from Bicol.

By the way, my dad hasn't seen his brother for almost 20 years.

The golden oldies: My dad, his brother and cousins, and Y
My sister, cousins, nieces, and tita
Another photo with the clan, with Y in the starring role
This time, with me :D
The golden oldies, with Y trying to fit in
We decided to gather at the Ayala IT park with the rest of my cousins and their families. What happened was an impromptu family reunion. It was my first time to see most of them.

Trying to make a picnic: Y was bundled up because it was a windy evening.
Photo of one of the buildings surrounding the park, taken by my sister
Sorry, I don't know what the building's called
The Cebuanos decided to let us experience downtown Cebuano food: barbecue and rice in puso
PS: I didn't take any food photos. I was too shy.

PPS: I just noticed there are many orbs in the photos taken in the hotel room. I don't care. I didn't bother to inspect more closely nor investigate. Ignorance is bliss.

Stay tuned for days 2 to 5. :D

UPDATE: Here are some more photos from my cousin, ate Yenyen.

Ate Yenyen's husband, kuya Ernie (with my other cousin in the background)
My other cousin's husband, a Korean dentist
And my other pretty cousin, ate Gaga, and my cute pamangkins
There we go!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...