October 28, 2013

Jollibee's "Maaga and Pasko" Goes Global on its 19th Year

You know how it is with the Filipinos' spirit of giving and Christmas, right? One simply can't go with the other.

After the earthquake in Bohol and Cebu, as well as the other tragedies that had happened before it, I always find myself thinking of the children. It's true that children are the most resilient, but somehow, I feel that these innocents do not deserve that kind of unhappiness. Which brings me to how Christmas is nearing and how the affected families would be celebrating this year.

I thought of donating some of Yuri's old toys and some of my old books this year. If you're thinking the same way, there's good news for all of us. This year, which is Jollibee's Maaga ang Pasko's 19th year, they are going global. Yes! Even OFWs and Filipinos based abroad can easily donate now. Oh wait, I'm sure you're familiar with Maaga ang Pasko, right? The commercials with Aga Muhlach in it? Yes, those commercials.

I was invited to its Davao City launch held last Saturday, October 26, at the Annex Building of SM City Davao. Of course, I wouldn't miss that event! Not to mention I've never been to the new building of SM before hehe. Now, let the photos do the talking:

Before the program started, the young Jolly Toy Scouts got busy creating their own Christmas cards.

The stage with the trinket-filled Christmas Tree on one side,

And the iconic Jollibee donation box in the other.

While waiting for the program to begin, Yuri found a friend sitting right behind us. Baby Empress, who is 7 months old. Super cute!

They let Yuri wear a Jolly Toy Scout scarf; he was an honorary member! In other words, saling pusa! :D

What are you doing, little boy?

When the event was about to start, friends from Jollibee began distributing Jollibee snacks to us. Yay!

Our seat was filled with Jollibee goodies. Yum!

And then, Jollibee and friends danced! A little boy beside me was squealing with joy. :D

The hosts of the program were Mike Aportadera and Joey Domingo. (Sorry for the blurred photo; there was a toddler on my lap - I must come with a warning always.)



Ms. Grace Mercado, Jollibee Operations Director for Mindanao, shared exciting news for this year's Maaga ang Pasko.

"As Jollibee celebrates its 35th year, we are inviting families from all over the globe to be part of the Jolly Family Toy Scouts. In November, we will be launching the Jollibee Maaga ang Pasko microsite, where families here or abroad can donate a toy and book online. This is made possible with the help of our campaign partners, Toy Kingdom and Goodwill Bookstore."

A performance was given by the Voices of the South,

While school representatives and families hung their trinkets on the tree and placed their donations inside the box.

Meanwhile, the little one was busy making a friend. Teehee. May holding hands pang nalalaman!

The Jolly Toy Scouts took the oath to support the campaign.

"With the campaign going global beginning this year, we're hoping to bring together families here and abroad to make Christmas even merrier for children and families," expressed Mercado.

Meanwhile, her's what happened in our seat - his friend was already sleeping and breastfeeding, so the boy alternated from listening intently to harassing mama. Haha!

Then, just when we thought the program was over, the hosts announced a special guest. No other than Morrissette Amon from The Voice Philippines!
I actually have some videos of her performance, but I could not, for the life of me, upload a video here. Should I upload on my Youtube account? And yes, she was posing for me. Haha!

By the way, she sang sooo well! She's a deadringer for Sarah G., actually, and I lurve Sarah G.!

At the end of the event, media representatives (including me!) gathered together for a meal of Jolly Spaghetti, Chickenjoy and McFlurry with Hershey's Kisses! Ultimate favorites! Ms. Kezia also gave us these Christmas trinkets. Should I mention how I love Christmas tins? Also, the surprise candies inside are much appreciated. My sister and I fought over the Nerds! :D

Based on the photos, I'm sure you can tell it was a successful launch. Yuri and I did enjoy our afternoon! I only regretted that I didn't bring any donation with me. But it's okay because I (and you, too!) can donate at any Jollibee branch nationwide. Also, we can donate online by going to Jollibee's website and proceeding to the Maaga ang Pasko microsite.

PS: You know what to do when you see this box.

PPS: We weren't able to take photos with our beloved Jollibee, but hey, we did get to have photobooth pictures!



_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...