November 20, 2012

Y the Imeldific

Let's face it: baby girls are a lot more fun to dress up than baby boys. Heck, the only time I can dress up Y is during special occasions. And just how many occasions does a 7-month old baby get to attend? Other than his own baptism, I think the odds are close to none. Harhar. Also, isn't it unfair how there are sooo many selections for baby girls and so few for baby boys? And baby boy clothes are more expensive!

Because of my "dilemma," I resorted to buying as many baby shoes as I could. If there aren't "dressy" clothes for boys, then I will buy handsome shoes. There was a time when I was buying at least one pair of shoes per week. Zara Baby, Pitter Pat, Fisher-Price, Champion, Disney, name it, we got it. Now, anywhere in the house, at least one pair of pint-sized shoes is scattered. There's a need for organization - ASAP!

From Instagram: Y's 11 pairs of shoes, not including the ones he regularly uses at home
What you need to organize baby shoes:

Every mom's BFF: lotsa lotsa Ziplock!
My mom found a lot of these hanging organizers for cheap in Gaisano Mall's clearance sale. Each one only costs P40! I just need to find a way to cover the text above, though. :| 
I cleaned each shoe using wipes and then placed each pair in individual Ziplock bags. Y's smaller cloth shoes went into medium-sized bags, while his current shoes went into large-sized bags. After the tedious process (chos!), I inserted each bag into the pockets of the hanging organizer.

Then, I hung it on my belts hooks. Voila!
Organized at last!
Of course, because the organizer only has 9 pockets, some shoes did not fit. They went back into their respective shoe boxes. 

One of the two shoe boxes
 But at least, Y's shoes are definitely more organized and will stay cleaner for longer! :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...