March 25, 2013

Birthday Preparations - Progress Checklist

Y's birthday is tomorrow na! Aaack! I feel as if there are still a million things we need to do. Ang hirap pala magprepare ng party when you're working full-time. Worse, last minute na ang decision for the party.

Pero kaya to. Gora!

Anyway, so far, we have already done these:

Printed tarpaulin

It's gonna be an old-style house party, with homemade food and the ever-present tarpaulin. I just made the design a couple of hours last Friday, and it got printed in the shop the next day. Whew! By the way, here's the design:
Pardon the rough edges; as aforementioned, I just did it hurriedly in a couple of hours! #sweat
Bought wall stickers and decorations

My mom took care of this in their trip to Uyanguren. I guess she got carried away because now, we have a looot of wall stickers and decors. She also found this cute Mickey Mouse coin bank that's shaped like a "1." We will use that as centerpiece.

Bought ingredients for the dishes

We actually did this last week in SM. Kaso, when we went to Gaisano Mall last Saturday, we found out that groceries there are a lot cheaper than in SM. There are a lot of promos pa. Huhuhu. Next time, diretso na GMall punta namin.

Washed Y's "party" clothes

This is actually funny because the elders decided to buy a Mickey Mouse shirt for Y. They also did it in Gaisano Mall last Friday. Kaso they were not very familiar with the department store. The salesladies kept pointing them to one section of the Baby Department where all the clothes are priced 1k! Sabi ko wag yun kaya they looked for other options and ended up buying a toddler's shirt. Konti na lang, kasya na sa sister ko. Hahaha!

So when we went back to GMall on Saturday, I told them where I usually buy Y's clothes. There, we immediately saw cheap but orig Mickey Mouse shirts. We bought two, so now Y has already three Mickey Mouse clothing. All's well that ends well, I guess!

By the way, we only bought thin, sleeveless shirts for Y. In other words, sando. I didn't want to buy anything fancy for him because I want him to be as comfy as possible. Also, it's summertime and hindi naman centralized-aircon bahay namin. :P

Ordered cake (to be picked up tomorrow)

I had a lot of aberya regarding Y's cake. My first choice was a schoolmate of mine back in high school. She's just starting a baking business and her price is very reasonable. However, she backed out because she's to go out of the country on the date when we'll be needing the cake. Based on Instagram photos, she's already in Australia now. :P

I had a lot of other second choices of local bakeshops, like Sugar Munch and Joniel's. While the prices for ordinary cakes are affordable, their prices for customized cakes are too high for me! I want to save as much as I can on this party. I also avoided other bakeshops who only bake fondant cakes. Meh. I don't like fondant. Also, how can a 1-year old eat fondant?

My supposed final choice was either Goldilocks or Red Ribbon. I was okay with the prices and resigned to having a commercial cake for Y's birthday.

That was until we found a little bakeshop tuck near our place. They have a catalogue, and they have a Mickey Mouse cake! We bought a small slice of cake, found it to be good, and made an order the next day. Yay!

Rented tables and chairs

We also took care of this last Saturday. This includes the balloons na din. I didn't order a lot of balloons - just six - because I didn't want those things popping up and scaring Y.

Bought ingredients and materials for cupcake

I also wanted cupcakes badly, but given the prices, I decided not to have them anymore. I mean, how can something so little cost so much? Kayo bakeshops ha! You see, we're not really used to ordering baked goods because my mom bakes amazingly. But I understand that she can't bake for Y due to her busy schedule.

However, there was suddenly a change of heart last week. My mom suddenly mentioned to me that she will bake cupcakes for the party! Using her famous moist cake recipe! Yay!!!

Created cupcake stand

You read that right. We just made our own cupcake stand. We tried to look for these things over the internet and in baking equipment shops, but somehow, I just couldn't pull out P500 to pay for one. You see, we're not the type of people who host parties often. If I buy one, I wouldn't know when or if we'd be able to use it again. So thanks to my crafty mother, we made one that doesn't cost a single cent. ;-)

On the other hand, these are the things that we have yet to do:

Pick up cake (of course)
Buy one more dish
Cut up cupcake toppers
Cut up dish labels
Prepare "guestbook"
Clean the house
✘ Decorate the house
Cook (of course)
Bake cupcakes
Make cupcake frosting

As you can see, there are figuratively a million things we still need to do. But we need to work first! Did I mention the party's tomorrow? Aaahh! How I wish these things can take care of themselves already!

Wish me luck!
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the elegant chair below:


Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...