March 6, 2013

OC Davao Mommy

I usually don't call myself OC. The honor goes to my dad, who is clinically obsessive-compulsive. I'm not kidding. He's a certified germaphobe and his favorite fantasy is to ultimately defeat bacteria. Oh well. So what's the point of this post? Nothing, just that I am an obsessive planner and listmaker, and I think the habit's becoming "worse."

I've been like this for the longest time, but I think being a mom and working from home intensified it. But trust me, it can easily become an irritating habit. Even J gets irked by it sometimes.

The classic example is my BDJ planner, which I can't live without. But there is more than meets the eye. Within this planner are lists, doodles, and more lists. Here is a couple of them:



I also created a salary logsheet for my only employee, Y's yaya:
Of course, I also follow a schedule to guide us throughout the day. I'm glad our yaya follows suit. Without it, or when the schedule doesn't get followed, I feel that my life for that day is thrown off-balance. This schedule is very detailed and includes all of our major chores. Here's our schedule, if you want to see it:

It is detailed. Don't say I didn't warn you!
And in my phone, a couple of my most favorite apps allow me to create lists. One is EasyNote for random note-taking and list-making, while the other is MoBill, where I can list my bills and payables.

 

In my future home, I plan to have lots of lists. Would you laugh at me if I say that one of my fantasies would be to frame some of those lists? I can't do that here in my parents' house because my clinically OC dad complains of the dust my lists gather. Really, pa? Really?! 

When making lists, I get the satisfaction of knowing that things somehow gets into order. I also get satisfied by the thought that my thoughts are written on paper so I won't forget them. Aside from just making list, I also get immense satisfaction by crossing out the things I've already done. Aaaahhhh.

I also have lists for my dreams, things I want to do, things I want to be in ten years, the websites I plan to visit the next day, the books I intend to read, grocery lists, needs-list, wants-list... You get the idea.

How about you? Any other self-confessed OC or list-addicts out there? 

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the elegant chair below:

Feed

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...