March 9, 2013

Birthday Preparations - Invitation

I know that most parents would plan their firstborn's birthdays months ahead. However, I only got to planning Y's birthday late last month, as I didn't want to go overboard. After all, he wouldn't remember a thing from the celebration. Also, I didn't want to host a huge party because Y's beginning to get stranger anxiety already.

The first plan was just to celebrate at Jollibee. It's not so expensive and wala talagang hassle. Everything would be taken care of by the staff already.

But last week, I realized that all my guests are adults. As I'm still in my early 20s, most of my friends are still single. There would virtually be no children, except for the celebrant. I thought to myself, "Baka naman hindi namin maenjoy yung kid's party? Baka magtulakan lang kami pag games na?"

To avoid the possible awkwardness, we decided to just hold Y's first birthday at home. This way, kahit anong trip ng guests, okay lang. Also, there wouldn't be any food or time restrictions. Thus, the actual planning for the house party began - a few weeks before the actual event.

I did send out this invitation already:

Obvious ba ang theme?
Well, I tried searching for ready-made Mickey Mouse templates, but I did not find one I like. So what I did is look for a background with red and black polka dots. Tapos mano-mano na yung Mickey Mouse silhouette. I just added three black circles, and ta-da! Instant Mickey Mouse invitation.

For the fonts naman, what I used were Minnie and Waltograph. These are both free fonts that you can download from the internet. I would tweak this design a little for the backdrop (the elders want an old-school tarpaulin - okay!)

We also finalized the menu already. Oo kami ang magluluto. My mom is a mean cook kasi. :D

Now, all I need to do are the following:
- Finalize plans for the cake.
- Discuss plans with the baker.
- Look for (cheap) Mickey Mouse giveaways.
- Canvass and buy stuff.
- Basically everything else :P

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the elegant chair below:




You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...