March 22, 2013

This Week's Shopping Finds

I know I'm not supposed to waste money beginning this year, but I believe a grouchy saver is a bad saver. This is because a grouchy saver dreads the day his salary comes! Why? Because he thinks nothing good comes out of it. He becomes miserable. This is why I make it a point to also make "happy" purchases that won't burn a hole in my pocket.

I haven't bought any "wants" for this month, so to avoid feeling grouchy and deprived, I decided to shop a little this week. This is a good idea for me: allot one spending week for each month. It's just like diet cheat days! However, I'm careful that the spending doesn't exceed my budget. :-)

Enough about the talk, let's get to the actual work! Take a look at these cheap but cute finds I scored this week:

Hey Mickey!
Well, this is not an actual purchase I made. It's actually my younger sister's gift to Y, which we will be using in his upcoming birthday. (Next Tuesday! Gaaaah!) We bought it from Toy Kingdom, which had an Araw ng Dabaw sale where a lot of toys were on 50% off. This Mickey is included in the sale. It originally costs around P650, but we got it for just P300. :-)

It looks like a simple plush toy, but it isn't. What is it exactly? Abangan! :D

Moonwalk Harness as seen here
You have seen the Moonwalk Harness in my previous post. You see, Y isn't walking independently yet. I know he already has the ability to walk, but somehow he's still afraid to walk on his own. Also, he hates being in the stroller. So this harness is perfect in helping him practice walking! In addition, I don't have to carry him around. Whew!

Unfortunately, the harness is not on sale. I bought this for P399. It would have been better if it's also 50% off! #abuso

Tons of headbands! (Everything's new except for the three in the middle.)
Here's another loot for me and my sister! My mom and dad were in Uyanguren yesterday (that's Davao's Divisoria!), looking for Mickey Mouse decorations for Y's birthday. They chanced upon a store that sells headbands for cheap! If you're a long-time reader of my blog, you might have seen some OOTD posts of my sister. If you're observant enough, you will see that she wears ribbon headbands all the time!

Here are some OOTD posts: http://www.davaomommy.com/2013/03/its-been-ages-since-ive-been-out-on.htmlhttp://www.davaomommy.com/2013/02/my-camera-less-sunday-ootd-and-other.htmlhttp://www.davaomommy.com/2013/01/outfit-of-day-posts-co-instagram.html. Take note of the ribbon/flower headbands.

Imagine my sister's glee when the 'rents brought these kikay accessories home! They also bought three for me. Thank yer! By the way, these goodies only costs P5 - P25 each. ;-)

Iiiieeee *blush*
Finally, something for me! As I defensively mentioned above, I believe a grouchy saver is a bad saver. I don't have to be a miser. Budgeting money doesn't mean leaving nothing for yourself. In fact, when you budget your money, you also need (IMO) to allot something for yourself. This is what I call "Happiness Expenses."

Don't get me wrong; I just leave a certain 3-figure amount for my Happiness Expenses! :D

Anyway, last week, I was browsing my Instagram feed when I came upon a photo by prelovedbyazel. She posted this photo of a cute pair of sandals from Zara! The photo itself piqued my curiosity, but what's better is it's not preloved! You see, I have no problem buying preloved clothes, but somehow, I'm not very comfy with the idea of preloved shoes. Nice to know it's brand new!

Plus, it only cost me around P450. (Price of the shoes + shipping fee + Western Union fee). Isn't it a great deal? It arrived yesterday, and they're so pretty! I can't wait to wear them!
New sandals!
What about you? What are your most recent cheap "happy" finds? :-)

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the elegant chair below:


Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...