May 28, 2013

May Shopping Finds

I woke up this morning and thought, Wow, May 28 na pala? Time flies so fast, doesn't it? In a week from now, most would be back to school already.

And lapit na birthday ko. Ehem ehem.

But anyway, that is not the point of this post.

To be honest, some less-than-good things have been happening to me: career, blog, personal life. The law of attraction is really true. When you focus on something good, good things will also come pouring. The danger is when something bad happens and then you focus on it, hala sunod-sunod na. I'm trying to distract myself from the bad things, so let's just leave them here.

Let's talk about the good things instead. I strongly believe in retail therapy (no, you don't have to break the bank for this!) and buying things (or just talking about them) actually lifts my spirits. I hope this also applies to you hehe. The month of May was a tagtipid month (see why here), but I was able to buy a few stuff for Y's needs:

Winnie the Pooh Baby Photo Album
First, a photo album, like finally!!! We all have separate baby photo albums, and I've been meaning to buy one for Y before he was even born. Imagine, that was over a year ago! But I kept, well, delaying because I expected other people to give us one. Hahaha! And natapos na lang ang baby shower, Baptism, Christmas, New Year, and the First Birthday, wala pa rin kaming album.

It was a good thing that I found Disney albums in National Bookstore - on sale! I wanted to buy a Cars album, but we felt it was too old for a 1-year old. So I just got this cutey patootie Winnie the Pooh album. Fit for a baby, right?

Price: From P350 down to P200!

Cheap Electric Fan Cover

Months ago, Y had his first accident with the electric fan. He wasn't walking yet then, and his yaya was carrying him. I guess the yaya wasn't looking when they went near the electric fan. Little Y got curious and placed his little fingers inside - and then BAM! It was a good thing he was just bruised, but an accident is an accident.

After that, I was always on the lookout for electric fan covers. However, I could not find one anywhere in Davao City. I did see some online sellers selling these for 50 apiece; this should have been fine, but there was still the large shipping fee to be considered. Not worth it!

Until I discovered my secret online shop that sells a lot of baby needs (and wants) for cheap! This electric fan cover only sells for P35! At may pagka-kikay ata gumawa nito. Talagang may butterfly sa gitna. :P

Cheap Door Stopper
Earlier this year, I bought a home safety kit to toddler-proof our home. The box remained hidden because Y wasn't fully walking pa. But now that Y is fast learning walking on his own, I need to use the safety tools ASAP! Unfortunately, the kit came with only one door stopper, and our house had lots of doors.

The good news is that my newly discovered online store (secret!) also sells cute door stoppers! I think they only cost P45. Cheap and cute - and teething magnet, too! (Before you judge me, I do not allow Y to munch on the stoppers, okay? Haha!)

Cheapest Waterproof Bibs

And last but not the least, I spent last month and early this month looking for good waterproof bibs. We have a lot of bibs at home, but all of them are cloth. Now that Y has learned to spit and blow raspberries, these bibs did not stand a chance. Nuh-uh! And after every mealtime, Y is always, always drenched.

We already bought a pack of bibs with waterproof lining a few months ago, but I don't think they are fit for eating outside. Hindi kasi cute. Haha! But all "cute" waterproof bibs in the market are too pricey. I mean, I'm not very willing to spend P300-P500 bucks just for a bib!

Alas, my secret store also had these in store for me. I'm beginning to think this store is my shopping angel in disguise. Well, I actually discovered it when I Googled for cheap, waterproof bibs. And look what I got? It actually reminds me of Skip Hop bibs, and it's also of great quality! Plus it just costs P100 flat!

(It's actually cuter in person. It's just crumpled because I took the photo after we came home from the mall; it got crumpled in my bag. The brand is Mom's Care, by the way.)

The biggest bonus is that my secret store has a flat-rate delivery fee of only P50 from Manila to anywhere. This is great news for people like me from the south! I plan to buy again soon.

If you want the link of the store, please send me an email. :-)

EDIT: A reader just informed me that they raised shipping charges already. It's now P50 in Metro Manila and P100 for provincial deliveries. Sad. But I will still order hehehe.

PS: Don't forget to join my ongoing giveaway: http://www.davaomommy.com/2013/05/OasapGiveaway.html
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...