May 19, 2013

Random Things I'm Loving

Hi! It's Sunday and I'm working. Sad, right? I know! As much as I would like to rest today and spend the day worshipping and cuddling with Y, I cannot because I have to make up for missed work. :-(

Anyway, to lighten up my mood and to brighten my day, I decided to do make a list of the random things I'm in love with right now.

1. Thudguard Helmet

Last Wednesday, May 15, Y was finally able to stand and make a few steps on his own! That's after 13 months of trying, so, yipee! Oops, I forgot to make a separate blog post for this milestone. We were happy, of course, but Y also had his first accident. He tried to run and fell down the floor, resulting to a bump on his head. I really wanted to buy this:


Photo credit: www.parentingclan.com
That's a Thudguard helmet. Brilliant, right? Only it costs P2,500. We cannot afford that for now. So this had a stamp of disapproval from the baby daddy.

2. Slide and playset

Not so long ago, I discovered the Familia Kiki blog and immediately fell in love with Maqui's writings. I also immediately fell in love with his son, Aki's slide and playset:


Photo credit: http://madammisismummy.wordpress.com/
After I saw Maqui's post about it, I immediately wanted to visit the local American surplus shop ASAP! The slide set can fit in my parents' house. Unfortunately, while this got J's seal of approval, I'm not so sure about the house we're paying for now. So I guess bike na lang. But still!

3. Random cute things like
a. Magnet board

I was reading Dainty Mom's blog (Ah! I must stop reading blogs!) when I discovered this:



b. Cork board

And this, too:


Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/sittingpretty.ph
Both boards would make pretty and functional additions to a home office, don't you think? Both are from Sitting Pretty Crafts Studio, by the way.

c. Wooden hangers

Wooden hangers I have wanted ever since. I saw some in Gaisano Mall last Sunday, but they were too expensive at P165 per piece. I know, right? However, I saw some cheaper hangers online:


Photo credit: http://saversspot.sulit.com.ph/
Aren't uniform wooden hangers a lot better than plastic ones? The seller who owns the photo above sells hangers for only P50/piece and P500/dozen. 

d. Ball Mason jars

I discovered Ball Mason jars from Paper Chic. Unfortunately, they are out of stock now. When will you restock? Pretty please?


Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/PaperChicStudio
4. Rubber shoes for Y

Now that Y has finally made an attempt at walking, I finally have a legitimate reason to buy him "big boy shoes." Who doesn't want to give her little man his very first Nikes? I'm setting my eye on this one from a seller in Facebook:


Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/rosalyn.t.lopez.7
The pair above would be perfect because Y was born in the Year of the Dragon. It makes so much sense, doesn't it? Hahaha. However, I also like this handsome Oshkosh pair from Charles Goodies:


Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charles-Goodies/136140603213604





5. Wooden furniture

When I'm not busy doing something, I find myself daydreaming about designing and decorating our future home. I would like to spruce it up with wooden furniture like these ones:

Photo credit: tastecentral.com
Photo credit: heimastore.com
Photo credit: heimastore.com
Wooden furniture cost much higher than ordinary furniture, but I guess I'm willing to save for it. Of course, knowing me and my love for all things el cheapo, I would probably just ask J's uncle, who owns a furniture shop, to make our wooden furniture. Bring it on!


How about you? What random things are you loving today? 
Have a special Sunday!
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...