May 21, 2013

Y Can Walk! (And Other Updates)

If you are following this blog, you might have already known that Y just turned one last March 26. However, unlike most of us, Y was not yet walking on his first birthday. But it's okay because Y took his time learning.

You might also have read here and here that Y still uses the walker. But my newfound friend Ate Lorilie of Charles Goodies (another mention!) told me that walkers with wheels pala are banned in Canada. Really?! So I asked her what I can do to encourage Y to walk. She told me that manual training is still best.

That afternoon, since I'd be working, I told Honey, Y's yaya, and C, my sister, to train Y to balance on his own feet. Agad-agad! And you know what? He was able to stand on his own immediately! I was right; Y knew how to stand up on his own. He just wasn't confident enough.

After being able to stand up on his own, he tentatively took a few steps. Waaaahhhh! We were totally gushing (like piglets hahaha!). After 1 year and 1 month, Y can finally walk on his own! 

*saboy confetti*

All this happened on May 15, 2013 (so that I wouldn't forget). For documentation purposes, I grabbed the nearest camera and snapped a few shots:

Smile muna for the camera
Bwelo...
Stand up!
And step! Yes! 
But there's also something else that happened. The day after Y finally being able to walk on his own, we also celebrated Y's big boy-hood by giving him his very first haircut! Filipino tradition dictates that a baby should have his first haircut when he turns 1. Pero nasasayangan ako sa buhok nya eh. I wanted it to grow a little longer. Like this long:

What have you done to my son?!
On March 16, Y had his first haircut. And yes, we gave him his first haircut ourselves. Bakit ba, tagtipid eh. Haha! Again, for documentation purposes, we managed to snap a few shots of the event:

See how happy he is with his new haircut?
Don't worry anak; tutubo rin yan. Bwahaha!
That's it, pancit! 
Have a good week everyone and I proclaim good vibes and blessings upon all of you. :D

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...