August 29, 2013

Internet and Yaya Woes

God has tested me last week. I thought it was over, but this week, test ulit! My gehd!

Since yesterday pa wala kaming connection. Our provider is PLDT-DSL, by the way. Mom's going to their office today to ask bakit hanggang ngayon wala pa rin kaming internetz.

If you're like me who works from home and tries to maintain a blog, this is bad news talaga. And I haven't seen my Instagram feed in over  a day! #withdrawalsymptoms

Thank goodness we have a Smart Bro plugit stick. I made paload ulit yesterday when I remembered, oo nga pala, di nga pala makaconnect sa laptop ko!!! Buti na lang my mom was at home yesterday. I borrowed her laptop and plugged the Smart Bro stick in and got online. Only to find zero essays in queue. You see, these days, there are only essays in the website in the morning. Sa hapon wala na. Eh yesterday, I only remembered to use the Smart Bro in my mom's laptop in the afternoon. Oh well.

My mom left her laptop today so that I can work using it. I'm squeezing in some blog posts, too. Thanks, mama!


So this is my current setup for the day. Two laptops, one SmartBro stick. One Maan trying to cope. Chos.

What gives, PLDT? Why me? Hahaha. I'm wondering what drivers are needed in my laptop din so that I can use the SmartBro stick in it. Can anyone help me?

I really need these bunch of empanadas right now.


My mom made those yesterday. Really yummy! Come to think about it, the empanadas were the highlight of my day yesterday!

PS: To all well-meaning commenters, here's the update about my yaya's barang situation

Good news: Right after I told her to call her relatives to get their mother to the doctor, they apparently did go to the hospital to have her checked up.

Bad news: Apparently, the doctor's findings was that their mother has cancer. As to what kind of cancer I don't know. I didn't ask.

Worse news: I asked Honey what they planned to do. Here's what she said:

Ate, sabi ng doctor cancer daw. Pero ayaw maniwala nila auntie. Sabi ng lahat ng mananambal (albularyo) sa amin, barang daw talaga. Hindi daw totoo sabi ng doctor. Kaya hindi na namin ipapa-ospital. Pupunta daw sila dun sa isang mananambal sa (I forgot where). Gagaling daw sya dun. 

I didn't say anything na after that. I can't go on insisting they get medical help. It's their family, so the decision is up to them. I feel I've done enough. After all, I also don't want to seem nanghihimasok. All I could do is pray for the mother.

I guess I needed that empanada after all.

PS: The header's new again. The About Me widget, too. I got bored again so...

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...