August 27, 2013

The Conjuring + Frugal Grocery Finds

It's August 27 today! It's my dear friend George's birthday! Happy, happy birthday, Georgie! I know you're having fun today with JR and Andrei. I wasn't able to prepare a birthday blog, but here's the one I wrote last year. :-)

Anyway, last Sunday, to informally celebrate George's birthday, the two of us watched The Conjuring. It was scary but not really disturbing. The story is fascinating, but I didn't exactly lose sleep over it. Maybe having faith in Jesus Christ dilutes the effect of these horror movies? I'd like to think so! Nevertheless, I did enjoy screaming my lungs out in the movie house!

Also, watching a scary movie with my bestfriends never fails to lose its appeal. You see, it's our vice. We just find creepy and horror fascinating! I'm just disappointed that George and I didn't get to have photos. Andun lang kasi kami sa sinehan! I already arrived late and the movie has already started, so by the time I got to the mall, we immediately went inside na. I had a lot of errands pa afterward so I had to leave after the movie ended. George stayed to see what we missed. And, of course, the trailers. *giggle*

So what happened after I scurried outside Cinema 6? I failed to take an OOTD photo - huhu - because there was still a lot to do. After buying what I needed to buy at the gadget store (disclaimer: I didn't buy a gadget), the pharmacy, and the bookstore, I proceeded to the grocery.

The grocery is my happy place. Even if there were so many people in Gaisano Mall that day (not to mention the fact that I'm not familiar with the aisles anymore), I still enjoyed choosing some items for Yuri. Here are my picks for the week:

1. Dimes Fruit Juice

This is not exactly a new find because I discovered it two or three weeks ago. This month, Yuri's cold seemed to go on and off. I didn't like to overdose him with medicine, so we relied on natural fruits. However, fruits are seasonal and we can't always find good fruits in our place. Because of this, I resorted to looking for natural fruit juice in a box.

There were a lot of other juices in the aisle, but there was almost no orange juice - my original choice. There were some Tipco juices, but I doubted the expiration date. Also, the boxes look old. Why? I almost gave up when I found a lot of Dimes juice boxes. The name is new to me, but I decided to give it a try. I bought both orange and grape juice.


What do you know, it really tastes natural! The orange juice really tastes like orange fruit and not Tang-ish. You know what I mean? Hehe. This is because the juice is sugar-free. Yuri loves it! I especially like the grape flavor because it reminds me of wine. I'll be back to try the other flavors!

Price: Around P65 for the orange juice and around P90 for the grape juice, both at 1 liter. :-)

2. Super Twins Denim Diaper 

We're loyal Huggies fans, but I do like trying other brands of diapers once in a while. Actually, I have a goal to try all the diaper brands in the supermarket. After all, Yuri won't be using diapers forever! 

A month ago (so this is also not a new find), a uniquely-colored diaper caught our attention. Denim? Cool! I initially thought that the diapers would be priced higher than usual diapers, but it was actually cheap. Even cooler! So I took home a pack of 30 diapers.


Aside from the funky design, the Super Babies diapers were also unexpectedly good! It never sags and stays dry even when Yuri wears it to sleep. It never leaks, too! It stays snugly fit even after hours of play (no, this is not an advertorial). In fact, the quality reminds me of Huggies diapers - promise! Because Huggies diapers are new now, I secretly think that this company might be buying the old Huggies diapers...

Price: Around P200 for a pack of 30 large diapers. :-)

This is how the design looks like. Sorry for the poor photo! We were "reading" during this time hehe.














3. Oishi Oaties Milk

This is the real new find of the week. I've seen some photos over Instagram of Oaties Milk, so I really wanted to try it! However, I keep forgetting about it - until I ventured over to the fresh milk aisle last Sunday. Yes! I immediately grabbed a box to try it at home.


Yuri, at 17 months now, is still exclusively breastfed. I want him to taste fresh milk so that he gets the idea that mama's milk is not the only milk in the world (does that make sense?). However, he simply refuses to drink any other milk except mine. So my expectations were law. Still, I poured some into Yuri's cup. At first, he refused it. I was about to give up when I thought to give him some again. To my surprise, he drank it! He lapped at it and drained the half-cup! Later at playtime, he drank another half-cup again! Amazing!

Guys, this really tastes good promise. Even my sister who is not a milk-drinker liked it so much!

Price: Around P65 for the 1-liter box. :-)

...

These are my finds for the week. What are yours? Care to share?

PS: I didn't realize it's almost the end of August already! I still have a lot of backlog! Did you know that I've been baking since Saturday? It's my first time to bake, so everything is really beginner-ready. Please keep posted for the recipes! Also, I haven't posted my August Finds yet, so stay tuned! :-)

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...