August 20, 2013

Yuri-isms: New Antics and Words

I was supposed to write about this last week, but I lack photos. Over one week, awa ng Dyos, I was able to capture photos of Yuri's new antics using my erratic camera and the phones at home.

Words


I remember writing about how I wasn't even a little bit worried about Yuri talking - or not talking - at almost 16 months. May nabasa pa ako sa MomCenter group on Facebook how one mother was worried about her 13-month old son not talking. Hello???

I don't know. Maybe I have gotten used na to Yuri's pace. Unlike other super babies, Yuri took his first steps when he was already a little older than 13 months (see proud mommy post here). So when we already got walking down to pat, the next milestone to wait for was talking.

Again, I wasn't worried at all. I know that Yuri's gonna start talking sooner or later and according to his own pace. He just turned 16 months last July 26 without uttering a single word. However, a week after that, he began spouting word after word.

It's like Pandora's box has been opened. Seriously! :-)

His first word ever is car (or its equivalent). What's up with guys and cars? Hehehe. Currently, these are his words:

taw - car
su - shoes
s'nda - sandals or slippers (Is this guy going to be obsessed with footwear when he grows up? Oh dear.)
saidu - spider
didi - "dede"
sa-in - "saging"
tiwi - Jollibee 
iti - Mickey (Mickey Mouse)
inda - "dinda," which is what my sister wants Yuri to call her
toto - Coco, my sister's nickname
owa - lola
owo - lolo
siyow - hello
no - no

That's as many as I can remember. Quite a lot na no? It was literally like this: one minute he can't talk, the next minute he's a chatterbox! So to those mommies who are anxiously awaiting their babies' next milestones? Don't worry. Their time will come sooner or later. Enjoy your baby instead of feeling pressured. Like what I said in an old post, it's not a competition.

In other words, wag atat! Chill lang! :P

By the way, you read it right. 16 months and more than 10 words later, wala pa ring "mama"! He refuses to say it, promise! When I tell Yuri, "Say mama," he laughs! Swear!!!


Hide-and-seek


Aside from playing his toy cars, his favorite game is hide-and-seek. Well, not really hide-and-seek because he never seeks - he just hides! He hides here:

Watch me
He has this playmat that we fold up in one corner when not in use. So mukha syang portalet hahaha. Ayun, ginawang hiding place. Promise, he stays really quiet inside ha. Then he pounces on whoever walks by his hiding place! Boo!


Boo!


Footwear ... fetish?


And finally, still aside from cars, Yuri has also developed an obsession with footwear lately. When he's at home (which he always is), he demands for a footwear. Dati kasi, I implemented the "barefoot" rule. I thought it's best for Yuri to walk barefoot at home so that his foot develops.

But now, hindi! He points to the glass case that encloses his everyday shoes. And he chooses pa what he wants to wear! And he gets angry pag hindi sya nasunod. Kaloka!

These are some photos of what he wears - depending on his mood:

Our worn Champion sandals. I no longer let Yuri wear these because lampas na paa nya! :D
Our Oshkosh slippers bought from Charles Goodies shop :-)
(Sorry, this was taken at night using my phone)
Sometimes, chubby legs sneak under my table to get my slippers
More often than not, he prefers wearing his new shoes :D
But his most favorite remains to be lolo's slippers hehe
Yuri is just a baby, I know. But when I write about these things, I see how fast he's growing up. Oh Yuri, you're becoming less of a baby and more of a little boy. *sniffs*


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...