August 19, 2013

My Kadayawan Sunday

Kadayawan's over, but I guess it's never too late to say "Happy Kadayawan," right? After all, Kadayawan means happiness. So it's, like, "Happy Happiness"? (Ano daw?)


My friends from outside Davao asked me how I spent Kadayawan weekend. Well, sad to say, I spent Friday working and keeping Yuri's feeding utensils that we don't use anymore. I spent Saturday working (my sister did get to have a VIP pass for the Coke Ambassadors show, featuring Julia Montes, Kathyrn Bernardo, Enchong Dee, and someone names Joseph Marco).

That left me with Sunday. I don't want to attend artista shows because it's so crowded and loud. Yuri hates both. We went to the what-seemed-to-be the quietest mall in the city: SM Lanang Premier. As usual. :D

So what did I do last Sunday? Let the photos do the telling.

See

Upon entering the mall, we immediately saw lines of shiny, vintage cars! At first, there were only a few people around. When we were taking photos na, biglang dumami ang tao!


Caught in the act. Good thing my mom supports my blogging - even if she doesn't know my blog! :D



Photobombed!




My favorite car! Apparently, it's everyone else's favorite car, too, so I never had a proper photo of it. :D


Even the engine is yellow!!!



Cool plate!


Eat!

Because it was already lunchtime, we left the "showroom" and headed off in search of food. We wanted to try the Davao Gourmet Collective, which my classmate in UP, Basil, who works now in SM, recommended:


However, the place was pretty full, which was a no-no for a family with a baby and a seƱor (which my father insists he is).


So we went upstairs and went to the Sky Garden to look for an empty table in the restaurants. We ended back in one of our favorite restaurants, Giligans. No problemo!

Chicken fingers - a hit with my sister and Yuri

Vegetable karekare

We thought we ordered sisig, but this sinugba arrived at our table. Okay then!

After lunch, my parents went off to buy a shirt for my father at Von Dutch. My father shops a lot lately! He just bought this pair of Adidas David Beckham kicks the other day! #envy #joke

While they were shopping, we, kids (haha!), looked for dessert. We ended up here:



Shop!

I wanted to visit Toy Kingdom because Yuri has overused his toy truck (given by his Ninong Ian and Ninang Stella last Christmas - thanks guys!) already. Well, actually, we wanted to keep it para mapaglaruan pa nya when he turns 3 or something.

Mama: Wag mo na bilhan si Yuri ng toys! Dami na nyang di pa nalalaro!

What we weren't prepared for was this bin outside Toy Kingdom. Everything was at 50% off!!!

Mama (to the TK employee): Pakuha kami ng shopping cart please. Tsaka batteries pang-test.

Pak!

Like the car display, when we arrived, wala pang tao. Then, they got curious siguro when they saw us go through the bins like they were ukay-ukay. Slowly, dumami ang tao. :-)

That's my mom in the farthest left (super busy ha!) and that's my sister in red.



Papa: Bakit ang dami nyong binili? Kay Yuri lahat 'to?
Mama: Hindi naman. Malapit na rin Christmas eh. Para sa mga inaanak. :D
 The result:



Christmas came early for Yuri! Take note, mga cars lang yan. Di pa kasali yung ibang toys. :D

Again, sorry for the quality of some of the photos. I was only able to take a few photos using my camera before it died. The better ones were taken using my mom's phone, while the crappy ones are from my phone. My camera is slowly giving up on me. :-(

Nevertheless, belated happy Kadayawan to fellow Davaoenos! And to those from Luzon, please stay safe. I hope everybody gets through this storm!
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...