September 18, 2013

Davao Mommy is featured in Mommy HotSpot!

My blog is little and mostly talks about mundane stuff in my life, but I'm pleased to see that I actually have readers. The last time I checked, there were 5. Haha! Just kidding. Anyway, this takes a little time getting used to, knowing that people know what's happening in my life. My life isn't even that interesting! #modesty

However, what I didn't expect was to get featured in a widely-read, US-based parenting website, Mommy Hot Spot. I absolutely did not expect it. I literally had no idea!

I just checked my email this morning and, poof, it became Koko Krunch!


To say I'm happy is an understatement. It's a huge honor for me for my little blog to get this kind of recognition. I also felt a little flattered with what is written in the article itself. Why shouldn't I be flattered? It's not everyday that someone gets to write about me. I'm used to writing about other people, not the other way around.

Life in the Philippines
Through reading her blog, we can plainly see that life in the Philippines isn’t so different from the U.S. after all. While her environment is different, she still discusses topics that every mom around the world can relate to. She discusses online and in-store deals that she finds, DIY craft tutorials, product reviews, and the odds and ends in between.

So, what now? I know I sound OA, but being in this position pressures me to deliver blogposts of higher quality. What should a good mommy blogger do? On the other hand, I want to keep this casual, mundane blogging voice. After all, this voice is what got this blog recognized.

Kaya magta-Tagalog pa rin ako! Heck, I'll write in Bisaya kung pwede lang! :-)


Thank you, Maan, for sharing your life with us! We’re so glad to have your unique perspective that shows us that no matter how different, we’re still so similar. Since Mommy Hot Spot is based in the U.S., it’s moms like you who help us reach the corners of the world to connect moms everywhere.

No, thank you so much, Mommy Hot Spot!!! This calls for a celebration. Good thing I still have some chocolates lying around:


Pig out with me, dear readers! Oh boy, even using the word "readers" needs a little getting used to.

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...