September 20, 2013

The first time I gave someone flowers

...was just last week. Remember this post about my former dormmate in UP, Hazel? Her mother recently and unexpectedly died due to lung cancer. Even though I'm sure she understands it, I feel guilty because I've never gone to her mother's wake and even to the burial.

To make up for it, I wanted to send her flowers. Not to send a message of condolence because the flowers are not to remind her of the pain. I've no doubt about it; in fact, she's handled the ordeal so strongly. Wala lang, I just want to tell her that I care and that she can call me whenever she needs me.

Together with my partners in crime, Teena and George, I was finally able to send her roses last Monday. Actually, I placed the order last Friday, and they arrived at her home just this Monday. I'm pleased to know that they made her smile (and even laugh!). Hahaha! Here's the photo from Hazel's Instagram:


We used the acronym, MGT, so that it sounds like management. Hehehe. Anyway, we were pleased with how the flowers looked like. It wasn't until yesterday when I noticed something might be missing.

You see, along with the flowers, we also ordered a small teddy bear. Where is it? I think Hazel would've included it in the photo if the teddy bear was there. So I asked her. She told me na walang teddy bear sa package. Uh-oh. I reviewed my receipt to make sure I ordered the teddy bear:

Obviously, we did pay for a teddy bear! Where is it? We ordered from Island Rose, and I immediately contacted them of this problem. Hello, kahit na P250 lang yun, we still ordered it no! More importantly, Hazel should have received the bear. Our reasoning was nalalanta yung flowers eh, at least the bear would be a long-lasting remembrance. Pero nasaan?

I received a reply yesterday. The CSR said that mini lang naman yun, and it was in the box. Miss, the size of the bear is not the problem. Wala nga eh. I verified this through Hazel, and wala daw talaga. I sent another email today:

Hi, I followed up with my recipient and here's what she said:
"ako jud mismo nag-open sa box while nagatan.aw c auntie. It's the flowers lang jud, then sa flowers may card na nakaipit, Yun lang."
If you don't understand Bisaya, that means she herself opened the box and there were only flowers inside with the card. That's it. There's something wrong with your system, miss. Please fix this because I did pay for that teddy bear.
Maan Laxa

I'm still waiting for a reply. Gosh, kastress.
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...