October 2, 2013

Jollibee's 35th Birthday!

Photo from Stratworks PR

Jollibee turned 35 already! We were blessed to take part in the celebration last Saturday. Before anything else, a little back story muna.

Ms. Kezia of Stratworks first texted last Friday yata at 1am. I was already groggy then so I didn't reply for fear of texting like a drunk person. Hahaha. The next day, Ms. Kezia texted again. I really, really wanted to go, but the event was to be held in Jollibee MTS, which was more than an hour away from home. The last event was in Jollibee Buhangin, which was just 15 minutes away.) Also, Yuri was going to have his vaccine shot that day.

The ever courteous Ms. Kezia actually volunteered to have us picked up from home. Oh noes! As tempting as the offer was, I had to decline kasi nakakahiya naman. Oo may hiya ako sa katawan. But she insisted and told me that I could be picked up in another place instead. I said, okay sa Abreeza na lang! Okay, konti lang pala hiya ko sa katawan. I thought there would be a lot of us picked up. Kami lang pala! Nakakahiya! Hahaha!

Note to self: Buy your own car!!! 

Another back story: My mom asked, "Bakit ka ba invited sa mga events? Sino ka ba?" Hahaha!

Anyway, let's proceed to the actual birthday celebration of Jollibee. It's quite different because we are used to having our birthday celebrations in Jollibee, right? This time, it is Jollibee's birthday we are celebrating. It's pretty special! Let the photos do the talking:

Late and ready to go: No Apologies shirt, Old Navy shorts, Crocs shoes

My temporary diaper bag is my sister's Victoria's Secret bag.

We arrived at the venue a little late, and by the time we got there, the Jollibee staff was already teaching the kids (most of them from the Jollibee Kids Club) a dance for Jollibee. Of course, my little Yuri wasn't able to follow the steps accurately, but he tried anyway! :-)

Photo from Stratworks PR

Yuri and I at the back :-)

My sister was chosen to hold one of the letters for Jollibee's greeting. The dalagita was the biggest kid in line haha. (Photo taken by Yaya)

Our yaya couldn't get a decent photo of us, so I took the matter into my own hands! Selfie!

One happy kid! I love this little guy!

My sister's letter: Y stands for Yuri!

The celebration in Manila was being livestreamed.

Eventually, there was a lull, which the children perceived to be the break time. I think we were waiting for the actual celebration to happen in Manila. Meanwhile, Yuri took the chance to run back and forth in front of the party area.




Don't ask who Yuri's shadow is. Hahaha. Then, we asked for a photo-op.

My hair looks great under the party hat. I think I should wear hats forever.

After that, Yuri began to get fussy. It was already past his naptime, and he wasn't able to sleep when we were home. The party area began to get too noisy for him, so I took him outside. Good thing the area outside the party area had comfy seats.

He contented himself watching the cars down the road.

Ateneo de Davao is in front of Jollibee. That's the building half-seen on your left.

Eventually, we were called back in because it was almost time for dinner. Yay! We were told to take some seats in the area reserved for the media people, but I had to request for our food taken outside because there wasn't enough space for a high chair.


After transferring outside, Yuri "read" one of his new board books while I let his food cool. 


The Ateneo students were whispering, "Ang cute ng baby!"

Then, we went back inside to see Jollibee dance. Yuri was having so much fun because he loves Jollibee! He kept shouting, "Tee!" That's what he calls Jollibee. I would have written the term twice pero bastos na pakinggan. Hahaha! Unfortunately, my camera already died and I was only able to get one decent photo:


We finally went home afterward. Ms. Kezia again insisted that we ride the van pauwi. Again, I refused the offer because our house was really far. So again, we settled to be dropped in Abreeza, which was a good thing because it was already raining outside. I almost asked Mike, the driver, to take us home instead - buti nahiya pa ako. :-P

We also got to bring home Jollibee goodies. For the kids, eto:


For me naman was this press kit:


Press release, CD (which I have yet to open!), and new Jollibee GCs. Thank you!

From the press release:

35 selected Jollibee branches nationwide took part in the celebration via simultaneous live streaming and on-ground interaction, giving more JKC (Jollibee Kids Club) members the chance to join in the festivities. Some select scenes of the birthday bash will also be featured in Jollitown's season six finale which will air on October 12, 8:45 am on GMA 7.
I hope we get to watch my sister on TV haha! Happy birthday, Jollibee! Thanks for having us again!


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...