November 13, 2013

Donation Blues

Happy Wednesday! It's a sunny morning here in Davao City, and I can't help but praise God for keeping me and my loved ones safe and dry. Please don't think I'm being insensitive. I am fully aware of our brothers' and sister's plight, but shouldn't we be praising God at all times?


Also, my mom is going home tonight from a 5-day business trip. I praise God for keeping her safe in her travels. Plus! My friend Teena's aunt and family have already been found and are safe (I mentioned that we are looking for them in my last post: Top 5 #YolandaPH Stressful Scene-Stealers)! God is good!

So, if I'm in such a praising mood today, what "donation blues" am I talking about? You see, in our nightly conversation last night, I asked Job if we could donate sabay to the same organization. To be frank about it, I'm having trouble choosing which organization to connect to. That's a good thing, isn't it? Wala lang, gusto ko lang ng kasabay, which is sooo me. Haha!

Imagine my disappointment when Job kept saying I should just choose the organization on my own. I kept making kulit (sorry about that, I know no accurate English equivalent) that we choose together, but he kept on telling me na ako nalang daw. I was disappointed because I thought he wouldn't be donating. What kind of man are you? Charot.

After further kulits and almost getting pouty about it, he finally relented and told the truth. He and his workmates already gave up both of their 14th month pays and Christmas bonuses to donate. I was speechless at first. Honestly, my first (selfish) thought was, ang laki naman nun! Hindi ba pwedeng bonus lang? But then, the better Maan shone through and was happy that this man I love is so selfless.

We then praised the Lord for giving us the capacity to give and be a blessing to others. Now, if I could only choose an organization once and for all!

PS: He did not broadcast his good deed; he was napilitan because I was not talking to him already.

PPS: I leave you with words from the pastor of the my former Christian church, Noel Alkuino:

Dear brothers and sisters, what's the use of saying you have faith if you don't prove it by your actions? That kind of faith can't save anyone. Suppose you see a brother or sister who needs food or clothing, and you say, "Well, good-bye and God bless you; stay warm and eat well" -- but then you don't give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do? So you see, it isn't enough just to have faith. Faith that doesn't show itself by good deeds is no faith at all -- it is dead and useless. (James 2:14-17 NLT)

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...