October 24, 2013

Thursday Breakfast: Imbento Brownies

Cheers to poorly-edited photos done in PicMonkey! - said the girl who has no Photoshop in her laptop.

This morning, Yuri slept in again. Because of the lack of time to prepare breakfast, I only prepared cereal with bananas. (No milk, just the way he likes it).

Follow me on Instagram: @maanlaxa
This time, though, he asked for something else. While dutifully spooning cereal into his mouth, he said, "Cake." "Ano?" I asked. He repeated, "cake." Uh-oh. Who am I not to oblige?

So after he finished breakfast and made some cuddle-time with me (I know, I know), and while he and his yaya were playing outside, I quickly surveyed the kitchen to see what I could come up with.

Since we already ran out of baking powder, a real cake was out of the question. Fortunately, we did have cocoa powder and the remains of a giant Beryl's Gourmet chocolate bar (yes, we regularly have those things), so I figured I could make some brownies. And hope for the best.

Like with all trying-hard recipes I post, this only took around 15 minutes and a microwave. Perfect for the lazy baker.

What you need:

Around 3 teaspoons melted butter

A chunk of dark chocolate, melted to look like this:

Melted chocolate. Mainit pa.

Around 2 tablespoons cream

4 tablespoons flour. Note to self: Buy mom decent flour canister. One we would actually use.

4 tablespoons Dutch Cocoa (or whichever you have)

We ran out of sugar na pala, so I used honey. 4 tablespoons

And poured the remaining of the milk. Around 3 tablespoons

I wanted to use vanilla, too, but I can't figure out where it is. That's always the problem whenever we do general cleaning. Di ko na makita yung mga gamit! Haha!

Anyway, like with all microwave-cake recipes, just mix them all into a batter. Then, I popped it into the microwave. High setting, 2 minutes. Here's a poorly-photographed slice from the brownie:


To my defense, I could not take a decent photograph because Yuri was already grabbing at my shirt to have a bite. I know it doesn't look much, and it doesn't even look appetizing, but trust me, they taste delish!

PS: All of the chocolates used in this recipe are dark. If you want something sweeter, feel free to choose your own kind of chocolates. Dance to your own tune. :-)

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...