November 28, 2013

All Sorts of Things Come in Threes

I have been faithfully blogging 6 times a week since last month - well, until yesterday. I was just too stressed because I had my personal Mercury retrograde.

Yes, I really did check whether we're having the Mercury retrograde. Not. Turns out it's just me and my rotten luck.

So what's it about Mercury retrograde and bad luck coming in threes? Look at this photo first:

Images from Lazada.com, Geniusnet.com, and HP.com
By now, you probably have a good idea of what happened yesterday. But since I love dwelling in my problems (kidding), I will tell you in detail what happened.

At 8 am, Yuri finished the last serving of his papaya smoothie. I had a couple of mangoes and cups of yogurt, so it's time to make a fresh batch. I already sliced the mangoes and poured them and the yogurt into the blender, and they didn't blend. The frigging blender wouldn't work. And it was working perfectly just the day before!

The bad thing is that while I bought it October of last year, I only got to use it recently. Inevitably, instead of a smoothie, Yuri has a "fruit salad" now. Which is fine. I could live with that, so I proceeded to work.

At around 10:30 am, I noticed that my mouse was not highlighting the words I meant to highlight. Worse, it was highlighting words I didn't meant to highlight. Even worse than that, the mouse was cutting and pasting on its own! It minimized the essay I was reviewing and kept opening a new window!

In other words, nagkaroon ng sariling buhay ang mouse ko. Nakakaloka! And it was working fine minutes ago!

I persevered working despite the difficulty of not having a mouse. Then, before lunch time, my mother summoned me into her "office."


Guess what? If you guessed that her printer wasn't working, unfortunately, you're right. The "out-of-paper" window kept popping despite the presence of paper in the tray. There were no paper jams or stuff stuck inside the printer (back in college, I discovered a dead little lizard inside my printer - but that's a story for another day).

And, yes, it was working just fine the day before.

Bonus entry: My mother needed to print a document to show her client,but since she couldn't print, she decided to show the soft copy instead. She didn't want to bring her laptop, so she asked me to transfer the file to her tablet. As expected, none of the devices' Bluetooth connection were working!

As you might guess, it was a very stressful day. The ray of sunshine to my day were these:
Yes, those are three packages containing gifts. From three different couriers pa. All of them were ordered in different days (Saturday, Monday, Tuesday), but all of them arrived yesterday. Ah, I love packages. Christmas is really in the air.

If you know me or have been reading my blog for quite a long time, you would know how I've been addicted to online shopping. There was a time when the LBC boys knew our house by heart and would ask me what I bought na naman. It only stopped when I got scammed. But I learned my lesson, and I might probably be ordering more in the days to come for gifts (#WAHMproblems).

Also, you wouldn't blame me for indulging in a little retail therapy after my Mercury retrograde yesterday, would you? *bats eyelashes*

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...