November 25, 2013

What I Overheard from the Weekend

I have plenty of overheard lines during the weekends because that's when everybody is at home. Well, most of the time. This time, naisipan kong i-lista para maipost. Here are the lines I overheard from the past weekend:

Naughty Kids

My 11-year old sister seriously playing with Yuri:

Two rabbits. One girl. One boy. Loving each other. In the middle of the night.
Ha? Ano daw?!


Di bale sintunado, basta tama ang lyrics mo

While playing with Yuri and listening to the radio, Honey always bursts out singing. This time, I had to keep myself from laughing:

Honey:
All I wanted was to break your walls; All you ever did was wreck me; Yeah, you, rikitik me!
At naging comedy bigla ang kanta ni Miley.

Di bale sintunado, basta tama ang lyrics mo part II
Honey: This girl's on the fiiiire!
Good luck, girl!


What Yuri thinks of me
Yuri (points to his lolo): Yayu!
(Points to his lola): Iya!
(Points to his tita): Dinda!

(Points to me): Dede!

What Yuri thinks of Yayu
Yuri: (points to photo of gorilla) Yayu!

What Yuri thinks of dede
Yuri facing my boob AKA dede: Cat!

I don't know why he calls my boobs "cat"! Weird kid. There was also a time when before breastfeeding, he mumbled gibberish, made an attempt to make the sign of the cross (the parentals are Catholic) before he suckled! Okay ka din, Yuri!


Old times, good times

In Facebook, an old classmate of mine suddenly sent me a message. He said the usual kamusta and commented that Yuri was very cute daw. Of course, I was flattered but confused because we don't really talk. After a while, he said:

Would you like to double your income?

Panalo ka, classmate! If you happen to read this, peace! By the way, this reminds me of a WORSE experience from the recent past.

On water and clean jokes


Honey gets another entry as penultimate. While playing with Yuri,

Honey: Yuri, anong bisaya ng tubig? (Toddler looks at her innocently)
Eh di, dako kaayo! (Eh di, masyadong malaki!)

The Petty Toy Dilemma

The last entry is not actually an overheard but a realization. Yesterday, Job and I were having a conversation on what to give Yuri this Christmas. We couldn't decide between a toy and a book. Job wondered why we had to choose one. Finally, we decided to give Yuri one book and one toy. Sya sa toy,ako sa book.

Since walang Toy Kingdom where he is now (#probinsyaproblems) or any big toy store, he told me he'll just send money na lang and tell me what to buy. Okay, keribambini.

(Translated to Tagalog)
Job: Dun sa ipapadala ko, kunin mo yung 3000 para sa toy ni yuri.
Me: What? 3000 para sa toy lang? Anong bibilhin mo, cellphone?! (Yes, ang 3k ay cellphone na para sa akin #cheapskateconfessionals)
Job: Bakit, magkano ba sa tingin mo ang toys?!

Huh? OA! Seriously mommies (and daddies and non-parentals) , marami namang mura but high-quality toys diba? Hello? Ang dami kayang mura sa Toy Kingdom. Kahit Christmas gift or birthday gift pa yan. Besides, may book pa no. #kuripotproblemzz

Kaya suggestions please: What great but affordable toy can we buy for Yuri as a Christmas gift? (Dun lang din pala ang ending!)

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to say this. I don't believe in spending too much for toys because not having too many toys encourages a child to be creative. Diba? So, what do you suggest?

By the way, sobrang walang connection ang photos ni Yuri sa overheard lines!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...