February 10, 2014

Blue and Red Sunday

Hi! It's Monday again! Grabe ang bilis ng panahon. Soon enough, it's gonna be Valentine's Day na naman. Alone parin ako. Charot!

Hahaha!

Anyway, how did your weekend go? Mine was uneventful, thank God. Of course, Sunday is my only real "weekend." I work the whole Saturday so I always see to it that I don't think of anything work-related during Sundays. It helps that I get to spend the whole day with my little boy. This inevitably means pigging out, so I don't bother counting calories on Sundays. Err, I don't exercise, too... Hey, one day lang naman!

Here are photos that show how my Sunday went (Sorry for the quality of the photos; I haven't replaced my broken camera yet. The stocks are taking so long to arrive!):
Here is how Yuri poses for an OOTD shot: kagat labi. Adorbs! I wish I had a proper camera to capture that smile. Ugh!
 Admiring his outfit: Crib Couture shirt, H&M jeans, and Children's Place sneaks
  
I noticed that we tend to go matchy-matchy! Hindi sinasadya yan. On me are my mom's cardigan, Forever21 dress, belt from Gaisano Mall department store, and Celine flats
(That's my Cuzo bag) I was trying to get a photo for Instagram...
...when the little boy decided enough is enough. This is what happens when you stop and pose for a second too long!
After church, I finally got to try Manang's Chicken. The kind owner of the Davao City branch (in Gaisano Mall, near The Peak) has invited me months ago, but I never found myself anywhere near Gaisano Mall. I finally found time and - yay - I don't regret it! I will write more about this lunch tomorrow.

 The newly-opened restaurant didn't have high chairs yet, but Yuri seemed to enjoy his new "status" as an adult-chair sitter. Milestone achieved!

After our delicious lunch at Manang's, we went to the appliances store to look for an induction cooker. Lo and behold, none was available! Boohoo. We also went to look for a new camera, but I could not find the particular camera I want. Guess I'd have to wait until stocks arrive on Kim.com.ph!

So my quest for an induction cooker and a new camera was unsuccessful. Fortunately, there was something in the grocery that made my kuripot heart sing. Buy 1 Take 1!

The perfect thing about the buy 1-take 1 sale was that everything on sale were US-made goods that were natural and organic. I love it! The timing was perfect because new snacks and breakfast cereal for Yuri was on my list. Could I just thank you, Lord, for thinking of me? Thank you! 

I only got a few boxes of cereal and a yogurt snack, though. Most were still expensive for my kuripot taste, and some, I fear, Yuri would not like. The remaining stuff on sale, just like Mrs. Field's cookies (yes, buy 1 take 1!), was just too bad for my Balik Alindog program. So there!
I was pleasantly surprised to see our favorite brand of cereal on sale. I talked about the Crispy Rice cereal here. Of course, I immediately grabbed one as well as the Crispy Oat Rounds. 4 boxes of cereal for Yuri.
 
I was also on the lookout for healthier snacks for Yuri. Usually, I would whip up something in the kitchen, but there are times when I don't have time to do so. I was tired of giving him chocolates and biscuits, so I decided to go with yogurt pretzels. I actually got one for the original price; fortunately, I discovered the discount bin before we paid for the groceries!

I'll talk about the products above in my monthly Fun and Frugal Finds for February. Meanwhile, let me get back to work. How did your weekend go, by the way?

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...