February 3, 2014

Oplan Balik Alindog - Updates

Hi! Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was uneventful, but I did spend my Sunday eating as much as I could eat.

You see, I just unofficially declared Sunday my cheat day. Yes, I'm serious about losing weight, but I still love eating! (There must be something done about this.)

Before you get the idea that I'm making an update because I've already lost weight, well, I don't think I already have. Ang hirap! When you plan to diet and exercise with a toddler around, it's so hard! Or at least in my case.

So that you gain a bit of an idea as to how my weight loss journey has progressed so far, let me tell you the story through photos.

On good days, I'm able to exercise while Yuri is still asleep...
At first, I tried my old style of exercising (a lot of running in place and jumping jacks, basically cardio). Brings back memories of my summer days during high school when I faithfully exercised!

It would be nice to have a thigh-gap...

I also tried the 7-minute exercise app on Android, and, man, was I out of breath. I'm seriously out of shape!

Post-exercise selfie

However, I recently found out that exercises like this strengthen the body but do not affect our metabolism. I also noticed that after doing it, I was only dizzy and I did not really feel the burn, you know? So it's back to boring old cardio routine for me!

On some other (equally good) days, though, when I begin exercising, this happens:
And this:
Leave me alone, Yuri:
Just kidding.

And, finally, on weekends,I wake up with the intent to exercise but cannot because here's what I see:
An intruder!
Make that intrudersss!

Now, for food intake, I still count calories (but still often overeat). I've switched from my mobile app to MyFitnessPal because it has a lot of features.

For example, a lot of Filipino foods are in their database, unlike my mobile app where I often had to choose what seems to resemble what I just ate. This led to incorrect readings.
I also liked how it also tracks my water intake. I seriously need to improve on this area, too!

(Hopefully, my accountability partners would create accounts din.)

As for my diet itself, like exercising, there are good days...


I only allow myself 100-200 grams of rice for now (since I could not totally remove it from my diet yet). ZOMG, ang konti lang ng 100-200 grams!

And, well, stressful days. Haha excuses! But really, I haven't maintained a proper diet yet so help me God!
I really need to stop hiding candy bars inside my desk.

What do you do when you discover a pizza place just 10 minutes away that serve YUMMY pizza?! Huhu
They're from Dexter's Pizza, by the way. The pizzas are only P145 each and delicious!

In everything I do, I try to remember two things:

1. I'm a breastfeeding mom who needs to eat.
2. The ultimate goal is not weight loss but adopting a healthy lifestyle.

It's hard, but I know I cannot do this without Jesus. Sure, a lot of people have lost weight without relying on Him, but I'm much more confident that success is attainable if my reason is to please Him! After all, I'm sure He wants me to take good care of this body and be the fit fighter He needs!
Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...