June 25, 2014

The Reveal: Kid Basix Safe Sporter Stainless Steel Bottle!

So on Monday, I told you about the 5 choices I've had for Yuri's first ever stainless steel bottle. Like what I pointed out, they didn't come cheap so I wanted to get the "right" one right away.

By the way, if you still aren't convinced to leave plastic and make the switch to glass and/or stainless steel, I hope this will change your mind:
The center shipped Juliette's plastic cup, along with 17 others purchased from Target, Walmart, and Babies R Us, to CertiChem, a lab in Austin, Texas. More than a quarter—including Juliette's—came back positive for estrogenic activity.

Estrogen plays a key role in everything from bone growth to ovulation to heart function. Too much or too little, particularly in utero or during early childhood, can alter brain and organ development, leading to disease later in life. Elevated estrogen levels generally increase a woman's risk of breast cancer.

- MotherJones.com
I really don't want to scare you, but I think this is a necessary fear to know to prevent unnecessary health problems down the road.

Okay, let's get back to the topic. So out of the 5 available choices, what did I finally buy?

*drum roll*

Tah-dah!
Oh yes, you knew it already from the title haha. Anyway, after the "research" I've done, I finally decided on buying a Safe Sporter bottle from Kid Basix! I understand that it doesn't have the cutest design in the bunch, but "cute" isn't the most important characteristic of a bottle, is it? I'm not that shallow! Hee hee.

It's not locally available in Davao City, so I ordered it online from Youjiandme.com. There are two sizes available: 16ml (P799) and 12ml (P759). Shipping fee is P100.

It was tempting to get the 16-ml bottle since it only costs P40 more than the smaller one. However, I think it was still too big for Yuri. Maybe next time. :-)

As you may see, the package says "4+," but if you read through this review, you'd realize that it's perfect for a younger toddler. Also, I wanted to get the lime one but thought it might not look that good after being used for a while, so I went with the safer blue. I placed the order last week and it finally arrived last Friday.
And you know what? I immediately loved it! The feel of the bottle is sturdy, and its sleek form makes it easy to hold - even for li'l hands! It also experienced its first fall last night. The report proudly states that zero damage was done.
The sleeve is surely a welcome addition. I sometimes put ice-cold water inside the bottle and it remains easy to hold.

The wide mouth also makes it easy to put ice cubes inside! Plus, surprisingly, the volume is enough for a toddler. It's not that hard to refill anyway. I totally didn't make a mistake in choosing the smaller size. Yay!
I thought Yuri would have difficulties adjusting to this sports-bottle type of spout, but he adjusted to it right away. I tried it myself and I found that the amount of water than goes out the spout is controlled, so no risk of choking.

I love the mudcap not only because it keeps the spout clean but also because it stays in place when you drink from the bottle. The cap in our old Avent always hits Yuri's nose when he drinks from it!

I love the minor touches to the bottle, too. First, I like how the bottom is like a coaster which keeps the bottle from slipping off the table. It also prevents the bottle from leaving watermarks.
Second, I really like how the mouth of the bottle isn't sharp at all. Sometimes Yuri wants to use it as a cup (meaning without the top part), and it's totally safe to drink directly from the mouth.

Third, no metal smell from the first day! A complete winner in my book, seriously, because I hate funny-smelling water.

The bottle is also lightweight - not as light as plastic bottles, of course, but it's light enough to be used on the go.

And there are only two parts: the top part and the bottle. There are neither straws nor removable seals and what-nots that are hard to clean and easy to lose. Every surface inside is smooth, so there are no nooks and crannies that breed icky molds and bad bacteria!
And finally, it has a timeless design that can be used until the child grows up. I can even use it!

As for the leaks, it hasn't been in our hands long enough for me to make an accurate comment. I think it really depends on how well the bottle is taken care of. As for me, I am happy with it, and if time comes that it begins to leak, I think I'll just buy the next size. Hee hee.

What do you think?

PS: I wasn't, in any way, compensated to make this review. It contains my honest raving opinion about the product. I truly love it!


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...