June 24, 2014

Yesterday Was Not My Day

Disclaimer: I wrote this post last night when I was still feeling bad. I feel a lot better today, but I still think I should post this. :-)

I had a bad day yesterday. Well, it's not like something major bombed or failed. It was more of a nothing's-going-right kind of day, a series of little failures that piled on top of one another.

And I don't do so well with pileups. My temper is already short to begin with, so with each minor problem, my fuse gets shorter.

Despite feigning positiveness, the truth is I was really in a bad mood yesterday. I just couldn't wait for it to be over. However, the thing about me is that to cope with something negative, I need to share it with someone. I wasn't able to last night (see no. 5), so if you happen to be reading this, I apologize in advance for making you my shock-absorber.

1. I woke up late (read: 8:15am), and when my schedule messes up, I become a mess myself.

2. The internet connection was sooo slow. With the kind of work I do, this connection is virtually my lifeline. I wasn't able to do several things because of this. If only some people were mindful enough to not use the connection for Facebook while I'm working. Hay.
3. Lunch was cooked late. Again, I'm a strict schedule-person. Minutes count! I don't know; I get really frustrated when my schedule doesn't get followed. Not very gracious of me, but I know that once we eat lunch late, Yuri also sleeps late and wakes up early, which leads us to how...

4. Yuri had a very short nap, just a little over an hour. I'm very protective of his sleep (probably more than of his feeding habits) and I hate it every time his sleep gets interrupted. Just add that to the fact that I'm trying to get some work done while he sleeps. (If you never had to review an essay while nursing a sleeping child, then lucky you.)

5. Lastly, the cherry on top of my bitter sundae. It was our "monthsary" yesterday (so jologs) but Job and I didn't get to talk. I know he worked overtime, and I told him it's okay if we didn't get to talk if he wanted to rest. No reply came after that. I suspect he already fell asleep, which was fine because I know he was tired! The least he could do was tell me. Because I waited. Hay.

I generally don't like ranting about Job because he's such a good person, and this really wasn't his fault. But we aren't together physically na nga; I just wanted to spend time with him.

Aside from these five, there were other disappointments: broken trust (over an utang), an unfulfilled promise (nothing to do with Job), and a petty fight with my sister.

And, oh, a general disappointment in myself and on how smoothly I handle stumbling blocks.

I know. I sound like a very negative person right now, now when I just changed my blog title into something "happy." I guess we couldn't be happy all the time. Well, God never promised a fully happy life here on earth, did He? I know that but sometimes, I can't help but wish He did.

But this is one promise He did make:
Photo: theversesproject.com


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...