October 27, 2014

Why I'm Never Buying from Lazada Ever Again

UPDATE: Lazada offered to give us a full refund and, at the same time, replace the item. However, we declined the offer, so they are going to give us a full refund instead and let us keep the item. (More about this here)
UPDATE AS OF JANUARY 27: No refund has been given to us nor is there apparent intent from them to do so. We'll charge this to experience.

Good morning! I'm so tired, the happy kind of tired! We just arrived from a mini-adventure at Mt. Apo (well, one side) last night and my muscles are sore! I'll tell you about it soon.

For now, let's talk about this shopping website that stressed my poor Mama.
Source: imgkid.com

Two years ago, I discovered Lazada, and during that time, I just gave birth so online shopping was truly the way to go. I used to love it not only because of the free shipping (no minimum cost at that time) and the discount coupons (no minimum cost, too). I used to order to my heart's content.

It wasn't until last year when I noticed their services (at least to me) were becoming more and more flawed. In other words, palpak!

For example, one time, I ordered Tiny Buds supplies from them, and the liquid bath soap came to me leaking! As in natapon na yung ibang laman inside the package, which also damaged the packaging if the other content. I know it's not the courier's fault because the packaging should be overlooked by the seller to make sure di matatapon ang liquid. I order liquid stuff from Human Heart Nature all the time and walang natatapon because superb ang packaging. But I just let it go and charged it to experience.

Then, another time, I was still looking for a camera. I saw a camera that I really really like on Lazada, but since I have a question about it, I emailed the customer service representative first. I don't remember the first response I got, but it didn't have anything to do with my question. Yes, the problem with their CSR is that they only send canned responses (proven and tested). I emailed again and waited for a response. I got no response, and soon, the sale was over. Bumalik na sa original price ang camera so I was never able to buy it. (I just bought a Samsung WB150F instead.)

I don't remember the other experiences, but I have long decided that I will never order from Lazada again. However, last month, my mom made lambing to me because she wanted the Happy Call cooking pan. In hindsight, had I known it costs the same in other websites, I should have bought from them instead. But I didn't know that so I took another risk with Lazada.

To avail for free shipping, I also ordered a bottle of sunscreen for Yuri, and because Mama's belt is pitiful na (haha), we looked for a leather belt for her.

A few days later, the Happy Call pan arrived. So far so good.

THE CASE OF THE CANNED RESPONSE

But 11 days later, none of the two other items have arrived yet. Since I know they have a window of 10 days for provincial delivery (which doesn't make sense because when I buy from other sellers, the stuff arrives within 1-2 days), I waited until the eleventh day to email. Here's our exchange.

My first email:

The response:

Didn't I tell you the CSR just send canned responses? I'm tempted to say, "You have one job! It's not hard to actually read emails and answer them!"

In reality, this was my response (I don't have a copy since it was sent over the website): Wow! You didn't address my concern at all! If you read my email, you would know that I know that your delivery time takes 7-10 days. Again, it's been 11 now 12 days!

The CSR must have come to her senses and told me that she will try to talk with the ones who handle the purchases. Okay, I'll wait.

After 2 days, no order has still arrived, but the CSR sent me another email. I thought it was an update on my case, but here's what I got!


Huh?! Seriously, what are you doing?! Here was my response:



A few days later, I finally received my sunscreen, but the belt was still nowhere to be found. Then, I received an email from Lazada asking me to participate in their survey about their services. Ooh, this should be good.

All my responses are either neural or negative of course. When it came to questions about their shipping and CSR, I told them that "If there was an option below 'Very Unsatisfied,' I would choose it." When asked what would I but in my next transaction, I didn't choose anything and just said "HAHA. Funny."

Son enough, they texted us and told us the package was already shipped. What? 15 days after the order and you just shipped it? Best online shopping website ever!

And, finally, Mama's leather belt finally arrived after 19 days.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE

My mom was happy that it finally arrived because she really needed a new belt and couldn't buy one because she already ordered from Lazada. Well, she was happy, until she opened the box.

Because what we received was what looked like a little girl's belt:
 BESIDE MY PHONE FOR COMPARISON:
My phone isn't even big; it's just a 4-inch phone.

This is supposed to be a ladies' leather belt. "Ladies" obviously refers to grownup women. But this belt could just barely for around my preteen sister's waist, and she's thin!
I also made sure I ordered the biggest size, which is 36 inches. Well, we did see a sticker saying "36," which was kinda odd because I rarely see leather belts with size stickers. But then we saw the real size of the belt embossed inside:
26! Only 26 inches! The belt says the biggest fit is 32 inches, but in reality, it can only fit a 26-inch waist. I have a 29-inch waist and it barely goes around my waist.

You also can't tell me that I must have made a mistake ordering because if that's the case, why did they bother placing a "36" sticker on it?

The bottom line is that my mother paid for a belt, waited for it for almost 20 days, while I talked to mindless representatives (I doubt they are really people), for an item she could not even use!

I am emailing Lazada now, but frankly, I do not know what they will tell me. Will they tell me na ganyan na talaga ang 36 inches ngayon or will they send me yet another canned response? I'm going for a full refund, not a product replacement, because I can't afford to be stressed again!

Oh, Lazada, you used to be good, but now I'm never giving you business again!
Source: galleryhip.com


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...