December 15, 2014

Top 5 Christmas Gifts for Everyone

Because Christmas is not just for kids, right?

I love looking for Christmas gifts (or any kind of gifts for that matter) for children. In fact, I have written about them twice: gifts for babies and toddlers and gifts for older toddlers and preschoolers. And I plan to write another list. Addict lang?

But we can't ignore the fact that there are also non-little people that we have to gift, diba? I came up with ideas that will hopefully address everyone's needs.

1. THE GIFT OF TIME

Okay, it's always important to spend time with people who are important to us, but I'm talking about a wrappable gift here. After all, we should be giving people our time every day of the year, right?
Photo from Charles Goodies

As noble as the other interpretation is, I'm actually talking about a watch. I'm taking based on experience. Though I don't wear a watch myself, everyone close to me loves them. They have different preferences, too, which I think reflect their personalities. Job, for example, loves watches that show military time. If I have to give a material gift, watches are on top of my list.

2. THE GIFT OF REST AND RELAXATION

If your loved ones are not into watches (unlike mine), here's another suggestion. A day of R&R. I would love to receive that for myself! Here are some options I can think of:

First, you can book them an overnight stay at a hotel. A package that includes spa treatment would be awesome!

Second, you can arrange for a hair treatment, mani-pedi, a massage... the works!

Third, serve them at home (husbands: hint, hint). Serve them breakfast in bed plus flowers, give them a day-off from chores, and just treat them like royalty.

3. THE GIFT OF LEARNING

As much as I would love to suggest a book, chances are after reading them, they will be put with the other books, collecting dust in the bookshelves. I prefer something special and practicable, and I think a class is a good choice.

If you have a photography-buff in your life, then book a session or two of a photography class. Cooking diva wannabe? Cooking class. Budding businessman? Management classes. The possibilities are endless.

(If you like online classes, I recommend Craftsy! I took up a couple of classes from them.)

4. THE GIFT OF MEMORIES

One of my gifts for Job this year is a photobook. Ssshhh! I think it's a wonderful idea because it's almost DIY (which means you have to pour out your heart and soul in it), and it will surely make the recipient smile.

In this age where everything is digital, it's so hard to compile an album of hard photos. This is another thing that makes a photobook special. You get to have a hard copy of the photos without the hassle (or horror) of printing then one by one.

I recommend Photobook Philippines.

5. THE GIFT OF CHOICE

Some people dismiss this gift because it doesn't seem to be as special as presents carefully chosen or specially made. However, I appreciate receiving gift certificates because I think the giver is giving me the chance to get what I really want or need, you know what I mean?
By the way, thanks to Samsung for these gift certificates!

But you need to make it special by carefully choosing the store. For example, for a new mother, give GCs from an online shopping site did babies. For bookworms, GCs from National Bookstore, Fully Booked, or even The Learning Basket.

BONUS: THE GIFT OF GIVING

I meant this to be part of my original list but decided later on to treat it as a bonus entry. This is because I believe you must consult the recipient first if they are okay with it. Otherwise, you can look like a stuck-up person forcing someone else to give when they're reluctant to do so.

Otherwise, this is a fantastic gift. We who are blessed with so much (from a very positive and grateful outlook) must strive to be blessings to others. We need to emulate Jesus - especially on Christmas.

I suggest World Vision for this. I know I have been mentioning the organization for a couple of posts now, but trust me when I say I don't work for them nor are they sponsoring posts. I just believe in the mission and am supporting it in my own way.

You can "adopt" a child for your loved one and sponsor the first month of two. It depends on your agreement! World Vision also has several campaigns (including breastfeeding and Noche Buena campaigns), so if your loved one can't commit to a long-term relationship with a sponsored child, you can opt for one-time giving. Again, the possibilities are endless!

(Of course, there are many more organizations your can extend help to. I'm just familiar with World Vision so it's what I talk about.)

What other gift ideas can you suggest? :-) 


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...