January 1, 2015

The Joys and Sorrows of 2014

I didn't have a year-ender post ready. In fact, I have not been up to blogging lately; I "forced" myself to write posts just so that my blog gets updated. It's not because I lost my mojo; it's because of the fact that this is the first Christmas season I faced as a yaya-less mother.

And I had been so busy.

I planned to just write something over the weekend to post on Monday, but last night (or early this morning, as I didn't get to sleep after Media Noche), I came across the post of one of my sorority sisters, which inspired me to write a similar one.

Can you, like, read it? Haha. Happy new year! 🎆🎉🎇🎊

A photo posted by Marie Angeli Laxa (@maanlaxa) on


2014 was certainly a rollercoaster ride for most of us. I can only speak for myself, though. I experienced many joys and sorrows, and I now realize that both are testimonies to the goodness and sovereignty of God. He is in charge. No matter what mistakes and wrong decisions we make, if we repent, God can still use them for his glory.

With this realization in mind, here are the joys and sorrows that God used in 2014 for His glory:

FAITH

SORROW: I very recently backslid - a little - in faith. I underwent a spiritual attack, and this is one of the reasons why I didn't have the drive to write. I don't know; suddenly, I couldn't pray and I kept doing this specific thing that I had already rebuked when I became a Christian years ago. It was a low moment.

JOY: But God helped (helps) me overcome the weakness. It was a struggle but God sent trials along the way to shake me up. There were warnings after warnings and finally, I stopped doing the sin that I kept on doing. Just like that. Some of you may be skeptical, but that's always the way God works in my life: perfectly.

LOVE

SORROW: Well, I'm still not with Job - physically. My family is still technically incomplete, and there are times when I question whether we should keep waiting or not.

JOY: But the strength of our relationship is a testimony to how faithful God is. Everyday, it reminds me that we just have to wait for God's perfect timing. For the record, I can't count how many astonished glances I've seen whenever I mention that we are in a long-distance relationship. We had been in an LDR for 3 years. Frankly, I know we can't do it alone; I would have been astonished, too. But we need to completely depend on God for this relationship to work, and I have to tell you that because of the dependence, the relationship is a lot easier and smoother to manage.

Source: biblia.com

STRENGTH

SORROW: I'm sure a lot of you know how the ex-yaya who shall not be named betrayed us. No details needed.

JOY: But it made me realize my potential as an independent woman and mother. Tiring as it may be, I truly prefer a yaya-less lifestyle. Aside from being stress-free, it reminds me that I can still depend on God, on Job, and on my family. Also, I discovered multiple facets of my son's personality, and the daily discovery is such a joy!

HOPE

SORROW: While my "romantic" relationship is strong, I had to wilfully let go of some toxic friendships. I realize that I am at an age where I should choose people who understand that "friend" is a verb as much as it is a title. Call it self-centric if you must, but I don't see the point in exerting an effort to maintain one-sided relationships. I'm not burning bridges; I'm just choosing new routes.

JOY: But I re-forged relationships with the people whom I used to be very close with back in college. I lost contact with them because of a misunderstanding and I thought we no longer have anything in common. But when we got together, I realized what I had been missing: friends who give and take.

HEALTH

SORROW: I didn't lose weight and improve my fitness because I wasn't able to follow through with my regime!

JOY: But I'm still very healthy (praise God!). All of my loved ones are in pristine health conditions, and this I owe to God.

AND MORE

What about Yuri, my job, and my blogging? I can't think of any sorrow related to these aspects of my life. Of course, these are not perfect and there were a lot of bumps, but I can honestly say that nothing is worth a mention.

Blogging is still an outlet for me. I no longer mind numbers now except for certain occasions when I need to. There were a couple of instances, more or less, when I received unpleasant comments, but I no longer remember them. Swear. There were still more instances this year when a comment or a message blessed me and inspired me to glorify God.

As for my job, I am still very happy about it. It's one of the things which, I can say, is a perfect blessing because I don't have any complaints about it. I'm not perfect at my job and always receive the necessary criticisms, but I'm working on applying them to my work, not on letting them hurt my ego.

And as for Yuri, the most adorable love of my life, I couldn't be happier. There were many times when he tested my patience, but it can't outnumber the times when I just sit in awe of this child we are tasked to take care of. I can't help but thank the Lord for him.

And a short thank you note:

Friends and readers, I'm also very thankful for having you. I am not big on any way, but knowing that you read what I write inspires me to write something worth reading. I hope you'll have a blessed and favored year ahead!


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...