January 27, 2015

Where's My Mojo?

Source: amazon.com

I'm a retrospective person.

I do not usually get into trouble for being that, but what happens is that I tend to compare what is happening now to what had happened in the past. This little fixation of mine is what got me hooked on apps like Timehop where I can conveniently compare what is happening now to what had happened a year ago, 2 years ago, and so on.

So one day, near the beginning of January, I stumbled upon a Timehop of a Twitter post I had made exactly a year ago, announcing that I had made blog drafts that would feed my blog for the next couple of weeks or so. Christmas kasi is usually a low-season for us essay teachers, so I could use my free time to churn draft after draft.

Fast forward to present day. I now have a million (actually just around 15) photo folders that had been sitting in my computer since last year. I had planned to write blog posts for every folder before the year ended; obviously, that didn't happen.

Aside from that, I'm struggling to write. I am not in a mental block because I actually have a list of topics I need to write about. I had the free time until last week but didn't bother writing. What's happening to me? Where's my blogging mojo?

I've been trying to read other blogs for inspiration but that hasn't made an impact yet.

For now, I'm convinced that I lost the verbal diarrhea because of busyness as a yayaless mother and full-time WAHM. I do not have the same free time as I used to have before.

But aside from this, I think I'm also losing the inspiration to write! It's like I need to exert a lot of effort to start writing, unlike before when writing just comes naturally and I had to physically stop myself from finishing one draft after the other.

Does this mean I no longer love writing? Oh noes! As a writer, that does not sit well with me at all. Which pretty much means I still love writing after all. So why am I finding it so difficult to do? Why do I feel like I'm perpetually stuck in a rut?

Have you ever been in this situation? What did you do to get out of it?

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...